Poll

What color fabric would you want to see the CS2's in?

Red
5 (11.6%)
Cream
10 (23.3%)
Blue
6 (14%)
Brown
2 (4.7%)
Silver
7 (16.3%)
Green
6 (14%)
Other
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Emerald Physics fabric choices for CS2's

Avalon

• Rock on!
    • Avalon A-V Consultants
Re: Emerald Physics fabric choices for CS2's
« Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2008, 07:24 am »
Oatmeal biscuit!

...and so on... each to their own.

How easy is it to put on our own fabric?

Even wives may participate, like they can't with other products.

Could be an acceptance breakthrough...

Big Red Machine

« Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2008, 10:53 am »
Well since the bases can be painted I was thinking a chrome silver or something to match the silver base.  I'll have to noodle on it some more.

JustinY

« Reply #22 on: 20 Feb 2008, 04:50 am »
Oatmeal biscuit!

I would advise not doing that since we choose our fabric not only for the color but for performance reasons, it needs to be stretchable while the same time transparent to let the sound waves through so it doesn't sound muffled. ALso, the fabric is one of the first process of the CS2 assembly which mean you would need to tear the whole unit down to refabric the speaker.

Avalon

• Rock on!
    • Avalon A-V Consultants
« Reply #23 on: 20 Feb 2008, 02:37 pm »
Oatmeal biscuit!
I would advise not doing that since we choose our fabric not only for the color but for performance reasons, it needs to be stretchable while the same time transparent to let the sound waves through so it doesn't sound muffled. ALso, the fabric is one of the first process of the CS2 assembly which mean you would need to tear the whole unit down to refabric the speaker.

OK, I presumed and therefore omitted fabric qualifications - but would it be hypercritical, if the HF/mid w/guide is left exposed?
Myself, I'm extremely demanding for clarity, but cannot hear acoustic fabric over most woofers. 

If disassembling the speaker is necessary (and stays that way), that would be a chore and a risk - but getting high-end accepted is important to me.  Student days are gone and solo evenings unsociable.  I still feel it would be well worth the effort (for some of us) to let our better halves choose the (sonically acceptable) fabric, if that means getting the CS2 into the more civilised rooms of the house.

I didn't wish to detract (one jot) from performance whilst alluding to a practical, commercial aspect that could see more CS2s in more places. :wink: