Lone Star Audio Fest 2010----Dallas, TX

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Lone Star Audio Fest 2010----Dallas, TX
« Reply #40 on: 6 Apr 2010, 02:55 pm »
Jim,
     It will be another couple of weeks before I know what box dimensions that kids have come up with.  They got their woofer TS parameters about three weeks ago, and got the tweeters last week.  Boxes are due the first week of April.  But I have no idea which project will be chosen as this years winner until the first week of May.  Can we cut and apply the felt at the Lone Star Audio Fest?  I can bring my Clio unit and we can take the measurements there.
     However, we can use last year's winner.  I can get you the dimensions for it in a day or two. 

Scott
Scott, how are those drivers working out for you?

Dave

jimdgoulding

« Reply #41 on: 9 Apr 2010, 01:29 am »
Yes, the Clio is one of the better professional measuring systems.  Ours is an older version, but it still does the job.  It's a bit of a pain to set up, so I'll set up the room for listening first, and measuring second.  I should have it ready to go an hour or so after we can get into the room.  As far as frequency, we can measure down to 10 Hz but loose accuracy below 200.  We can adjust the time increment to whatever works, usually 3 to 4 ms.
Thanks, Scott.  Just hit me with the measurements as soon as you can.  If you have questions let me know at your earliest convenience.  Thanks.  Look forward to meeting you.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #42 on: 9 Apr 2010, 05:50 am »
Scott, how are those drivers working out for you?

Dave

Several kids are using them in various combinations.  The crossover work really starts up next week so we will see how they come together.  I know that one group is using 8 of them- so there are a lot of combinations that they could come up with, 2 way, three way, 2.5, etc.  Success or failure is usually in attention to the little things.   Hopefully, I'll have measurements before the week is out. 

Scott

jimdgoulding

« Reply #43 on: 15 Apr 2010, 01:00 pm »
I know where you bro's will be eating one night of the event but on another nite I suggest that you pile into a car and head to the Stockyards area in Fort Worth and hang at Joe T. Garcia's.  Been there since the 40's in a clapboard house but with newer rooms added and serving the same "dinner" all along.  That's what you want, don't worry.  Warning- the margarita's are stout (forget the frozen variety) and made with quality ingredients.  Muy delicioso. 

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #44 on: 15 Apr 2010, 10:33 pm »
I know where you bro's will be eating one night of the event but on another nite I suggest that you pile into a car and head to the Stockyards area in Fort Worth and hang at Joe T. Garcia's.  Been there since the 40's in a clapboard house but with newer rooms added and serving the same "dinner" all along.  That's what you want, don't worry.  Warning- the margarita's are stout (forget the frozen variety) and made with quality ingredients.  Muy delicioso.

Some good steakhouses in Fort Worth :)

FredT300B

« Reply #45 on: 27 Apr 2010, 01:22 am »
Just a reminder to anybody who's planning to get a room: You must book your room by April 30th to get the $99/nite rate.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #46 on: 27 Apr 2010, 02:30 am »
Ok, you guy's convinced me.  All my reservations are done!  WOOHOO! :)

Will see you all hopefully at LSAF in a few weeks.

arthurs

« Reply #47 on: 27 Apr 2010, 02:39 am »
I have a guest room available for a weekend demo of a pair of Dream Makers (looking at you Duke!)   :lol:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #48 on: 27 Apr 2010, 02:43 am »
Ok, you guy's convinced me.  All my reservations are done!  WOOHOO! :)

Will see you all hopefully at LSAF in a few weeks.
Cool.  It will be very good to see you.  I predict a good time will be had by all.  See you there!

Dave

OzarkTom

« Reply #49 on: 1 May 2010, 01:57 am »
I am bringing my Virtue Senasation, Piano CD player, and Gallo Stradas. Bring your favorite CD and we will give it a test spin.

Blooze

« Reply #50 on: 6 May 2010, 05:45 pm »
It will be good to meet all of you and listen to your respective rigs.  I wish I was going to be there Friday, but funds at this point are short, so I most likely won't be there till Sat. around noon or so. 

On the flip side, is anyone that is not a vendor bringing any used gear to sell (we talked about a swap meet room for the last LSAF but it didn't materialize)?  I don't mean to step on any of the vendors toes here, but I've got an AbraxasAudio amp I'd like to part with and would prefer to do it in person and not have to ship it.

Shane

Norris Wilson

« Reply #51 on: 6 May 2010, 05:55 pm »
Shane,

I am glad that you will be able to make LSAF this year.  We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Norris

Blooze

« Reply #52 on: 6 May 2010, 05:57 pm »
Shane,

I am glad that you will be able to make LSAF this year.  We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Norris

Norris, my good friend, it will be a pleasure to spend some time with you and yours.  Looking forward to it  :D

jimdgoulding

« Reply #53 on: 6 May 2010, 06:41 pm »
I am bringing my Virtue Senasation, Piano CD player, and Gallo Stradas. Bring your favorite CD and we will give it a test spin.
What a pleasant surprise.  Looking forward to meeting you and your system.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #54 on: 8 May 2010, 02:10 am »
 :duh:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #55 on: 8 May 2010, 03:30 pm »
I'll be there, of course.   8)

BTW, I'm uploading the four new logos from Danny and friends to the LSAF website right now...

Looking forward to seeing you all!
Lookin forward to meeting you, Wayne.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #56 on: 11 May 2010, 11:27 am »
I have family in from out of town, so will be staying home this year.

Will make plans for next year so I can come.

Really going to miss seeing the student project that Scott is bringing.  Hope someone takes lots of pictures.

At least there is an open room at the Embassy Suites if someone needs one.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #57 on: 11 May 2010, 02:13 pm »

Really going to miss seeing the student project that Scott is bringing.  Hope someone takes lots of pictures.

Rich, I'll takes lots of pictures, hopefully someone else will take some good ones, too.  Gonna miss seeing you.  I was going to bring the schematic for the Valve Jr.  Now I'll have to finish it and email it to you.  Lots to do here........................

Take care, my friend.

Dave

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #58 on: 11 May 2010, 02:24 pm »

I'm sorry that you can't make it, but family always comes first.  I'll take lots of photos and post them.  I am really eager to hear how these top projects stack up against the other DIY'ers and even the pros that are going to display.