See you April 15th - 17th at AXPONA

Odal3

Re: See you April 15th - 17th at AXPONA
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2016, 05:01 am »
Actually, I haven't seen any comments about them, and they were kind of hidden away at the far end of the lower lobby in a very small room.

Unfortunately I didn't make it over until just before closing time so I only managed to hear one song, but I have to say it sounded really nice. Congratulations on another great design!

roscoeiii

« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2016, 04:38 pm »
Actually, I haven't seen any comments about them, and they were kind of hidden away at the far end of the lower lobby in a very small room.  Any particular threads you're referring to?   They use a Satori 7.5" woofer in a bass reflex cabinet that has useful response to around 32 Hz.   The midrange is the bamboo version of the titanium mid I use in the Phil Slims.  The tweeter is an OEM RAAL, very similar but apparently not identical to the tweeter in the Ascend Sierra 2.  The most unusual feature is the rare combination of relatively high sensitivity with deep bass reach, all from a single woofer.   
'

See the general AXPONA thread for comments on them. As I mentioned there, if I could have found Jim before I had to leave, I may well have taken those fabulous new $3k three-ways home with me.

General thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=140222.0

Saturn94

« Reply #22 on: 19 Apr 2016, 04:46 pm »
Just saw them.  I think my last post gave some details.  The main difference is sensitivity and power handling, both of which are higher on the new 3-way than on the Slims.  That's not a normal combination, and that's why you have to pay extra to get it.

Thanks. :)

jsalk

« Reply #23 on: 19 Apr 2016, 05:46 pm »

See the general AXPONA thread for comments on them. As I mentioned there, if I could have found Jim before I had to leave, I may well have taken those fabulous new $3k three-ways home with me.

Well, FedEx can have them to you in short order... :lol:

- Jim

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 19 Apr 2016, 05:55 pm »

Well, FedEx can have them to you in short order... :lol:

- Jim

Yes they can. But think i may need a little time still before it is fiscally prudent. But damn, what a speaker!!

Really love it and the Exotica 3.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #25 on: 19 Apr 2016, 06:01 pm »

General thread: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=140222.0

Thanks very much.  I didn't realize that Stereophile had mentioned them.  This is good. 

Yomaha

« Reply #26 on: 5 May 2016, 11:11 pm »
Hi Jim,

Will Salk be representing at The Show in Newport this year?

Thanks

jsalk

« Reply #27 on: 6 May 2016, 11:53 am »
Hi Jim,

Thanks

Newport didn't work out for some of our partners this year and it is too difficult doing a show alone.  So perhaps we'll try again next year.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #28 on: 12 May 2016, 02:03 am »
Hi Jim,

Thanks

Stay tuned...may be a change in plans.

- Jim

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #29 on: 12 May 2016, 02:46 am »
Stay tuned...may be a change in plans.

- Jim

Fingers crossed...  :wink: