NuPRIME DAC-10H and ST-10 Review in the new Absolute Sound

John Casler

One of my NuPRIME Customers told me he had just read this "GLOWING"  Review on the NuPRIME DAC-10H and ST-10 Stereo Amp.

He also said that BOTH the DAC-10H and ST-10 were placed in the "Recommended Components" List.

I have not read this full article yet, but here is a quote:

"...over the years I’ve reviewed and used plenty of digital power amplifiers from Bel Canto, Wyred4Sound, April Music, and others, and I appreciate what a well-designed model can bring to a system. And it happens that the ST-10 is the best digital power amplifier I’ve heard to date...

To read more, check out the newest Absolute Sound.  It seems substantiate what many of us have already heard and experienced.

John Casler

Re: NuPRIME DAC-10H and ST-10 Review in the new Absolute Sound
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2015, 02:11 am »
You can read some of the review HERE

STARTS on PAGE 34

Notable Quotes:

"Inner detail and low-level resolution through the DAC-10 are as good as I’ve heard through any DAC including the Antelope Audio Platinum DSD DAC. The differences in depth recreation and soundstaging precision between my original 128x DSD recordings and 44.1 downsampled versions were immediately obvious when comparing them through the DAC-10H."

"Depth recreation, dimensionality, and image specificity were also exemplary through the ST-10. On my live 128x DSD recordings of the Boulder Philharmonic, the soundstage was accurately portrayed with the spaces between the instruments elucidated with a level of specificity that was equal to the best I’ve heard from any amplifier in my systems."

"As it is a relatively new firm, NuPrime has yet to develop the reputation and visibility of more venerable audio companies. But given the quality of its first three products, the IDA- 16, DAC-10H, and ST-10, it’s hard not to predict that NuPrime will be a force to be reckoned with now and in the future. Even if you have far more in your equipment budget than the cost of the DAC-10H and ST-10, I recommend giving these NuPrime products a listen, if you can. They deliver true high performance for far less money than you might expect."

« Last Edit: 28 Jul 2015, 02:26 am by John Casler »

John Casler

Re: NuPRIME DAC-10H and ST-10 Review in the new Absolute Sound
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2015, 02:27 am »
I fixed the link since the old one expired.

Download the PDF and go to page 34  :thumb: