NuPrime Commercial

rustydoglim

NuPrime Commercial
« on: 27 Oct 2016, 10:56 pm »
I posted the IDA-6, here's IDA-4 with similar spec as IDA-6, but in a form factor for installation use. The "Commercial" line are not available for sale yet. I am posting here to seek feedback.

Unlike IDA-6, IDA-4 does not have a front panel since it is supposed to be hidden on a rack or somewhere. You use the remote to select the inputs (the tiny display has IR sensor) or use control device through RS232. 

rustydoglim

Re: NuPrime Commercial
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2016, 11:06 pm »
This is STA-6, another commercial product.  Like STA-9, it can be bridged into mono.  It sounds like a more neutral version of STA-9.
Price ? Unbelieavable.  If you like STA-9 or IDA-8 but want to have cheap high-end amp to drive your ceiling and outdoor speakers, this is the one to get.

Stereo RCA inputs.

Outputs:
Stereo Speaker Out x 1 or
Mono Speaker Out x 1

Power: 2 X 90W / 1 X  160W @ 8 & 4 Ohms
Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
Sensitivity:1.2 V to rated power
Gain: x 28
Signal to Noise Ratio: < -90dB at 1W, 10W, 100W
THD+N: 0.01% (Stereo) / 0.01% (Mono)
Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
Worldwide AC voltage: (115 VAC / 230 VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
Dimension:  200 mm W x 184 mm D x 60 mm H (including feet)
Color: Black

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2016, 11:34 pm »
Also should be EXCELLENT for those of you who want extra "amp channels" for ATMOS and Surround Channels.   :thumb:

mfwalker1

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2016, 03:27 am »
 :P What's the front look like? Silver and Black ? :D

rustydoglim

« Reply #4 on: 28 Oct 2016, 07:54 am »
These are commercial products, plain looking front with flat panel and a logo. Nothing to look at.  :D
These products are meant for installation or hiding on a rack.

quibus

« Reply #5 on: 28 Oct 2016, 07:57 am »
The STA-6 looks like a very interesting power amp. Looking forward to hear about the actual price.

Tubegem

« Reply #6 on: 9 Nov 2016, 11:01 pm »
These are commercial products, plain looking front with flat panel and a logo. Nothing to look at.  :D
These products are meant for installation or hiding on a rack.
I agree with John that these will be perfect for Atmos/DTS-X ceiling/ rear speakers. As it's designed as a commercial application, a 4 or even 6 channel in one case would be ideal.  Especially for those of us who already have a 5 channel amp.

rustydoglim

« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2016, 09:38 pm »
STA-6 and IDA-4 are expected to retail for $399 each.

zwizardofoz

« Reply #8 on: 11 Nov 2016, 03:47 am »
Can we se some more pics of the ida-4 and internals too  8) plus details if it's 4 channels in and out or just in etc.

This one is of real interest to me...the perfect LXmini amp I am hoping.

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 11 Nov 2016, 08:48 pm »
We are holding off on the release of IDA-4 to see the response for IDA-6.  The features of these two models are nearly identical.
IDA-4 performance should be slightly better than NuForce DDA-100 sine they use the same chip.
IDA-6 and STA-6 amp would be between IDA-4 and STA-9.

IDA-6 has an optional panel to connect to its RS232 so technically it can be used for installation too, except that it cost more. That's why we are in no hurry to release IDA-4.  IDA-4 is designed and priced for high volume purchase.

j3n5

« Reply #10 on: 29 Nov 2016, 01:06 pm »
Any updates on STA-6. Is it in production? It seems like the perfect monoblock for me! Ive tried the combo STA-9 x 2 + DAC-9 and im quite impressed, but its a little bit to warm in sound and i really dont need 2 x 290W. If its in production, give it its own topic! Im sure its quite interesting to share on other forums, i will!