I Took The Ronin Plunge

John151

I Took The Ronin Plunge
« on: 12 Oct 2007, 02:34 am »
Yep, just ponied up the deposit for a custom pair of RMD Ronins. Added plinths, cherry veneer, and Bi-Wire with the Edison Price Pure copper posts.  Now I just need to find the required patience to survive the 4 to 6 week build time.  :drool:

EProvenzano

Re: I Took The Ronin Plunge
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2007, 02:45 am »
Awsome!

I'm veneering my Ronins on my own, but it's taking me for ever to find the time.  I should have asked Paul to do it from the start.

Would you mind posting pics when they arrive?  I'm excited to see a pair of Ronins dressed in a sexy veneer.
 :thumb:

John151

« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2007, 02:58 am »
Awsome!

I'm veneering my Ronins on my own, but it's taking me for ever to find the time.  I should have asked Paul to do it from the start.

Would you mind posting pics when they arrive?  I'm excited to see a pair of Ronins dressed in a sexy veneer.
 :thumb:

Sexy veneer?  Perhaps Paul should rename the "clear cherry" finish "naked cherry"!  :lol: 

No problem on the pics.  However, I suspect Paul will have several pics posted before I even see the speakers. 

EProvenzano

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2007, 03:16 am »
I find the Bamboo a bit pedestrian looking for my taste :P
But exotic veneers are damn fine looking, in my opinion.  Crotch Mahogany for example :drool:  Guess I have a wood fetish  :lol:

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2007, 11:12 am »

Congrats John.  Did you listen to them before? and what will they be replacing?

sts9fan

« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2007, 12:16 pm »
I agree get rid of the sustainable aspect of bamboo and slap some old growth on there!

John151

« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2007, 01:48 pm »

Congrats John.  Did you listen to them before? and what will they be replacing?

Paul brought over a pair last year.  My basement was designed by Rives Audio for Magnepans, so the Ronins do well in there with their dipole design.  They are replacing Loreli's from Odysey.  The Lors image great, but have too much bass for my listening room.  The Ronins seem to have the perfect amount of bass for my tastes and listening room. 

« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2007, 02:07 pm by John151 »

mcullinan

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2007, 01:49 pm »
Give us a review when you get a chance!!!! Thanks. I like the idea of these puppies.
Mike