Wish I was there... maybe next year.

-Paul

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Not at CES... but way ahead of Infinity
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2007, 06:57 pm »
Nah - come out and do RMAF next year Paul.

Bryan

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2007, 07:27 pm »
I think the Ronins would get a LOT of positive attention at RMAF.  Just hook yourself up with the right electronics/source partners, priced appropriately to their $5k point.  I'd love to hear these in a room with Odyssey Candela, Stratos Extreme Monos, and maybe a Bolder SB3 or Modwright 9100ES.  They deserve it.

Oh, and liberal use of ROOM TREATMENTS (right Bryan?)!

Tom

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2007, 07:47 pm »
Oh yeah, I WILL be there.

Count on it like the sun going down tonight.

I'll probably be using my own Ayre CX-7e CD Player, K5-xe preamp and Niagara amplifier.  I'll probably have a few tube amps there too to play with.  I am somewhat partial to Ayre, the two pieces I have cost $3000 new, and I  still think that at that price point, they have incredible value.  That says alot, since at that price point, most things are just different from eachother in one way or another, like flavors of ice cream.  Those two pieces are Cremé Brulé for the same price.  As to amplifiers, there are amps at many different price ranges that get a bunch of the picture right, but quite a bit of it is synergy with the speakers and the rest of the system.  As to other sources, maybe I should see if I can get Boulder to modify my Sonos system (think SB3, with the coolest controller EVER).

I have been playing with some new modifications on the Niagara amplifier, and it will be ready for a road trip soon to interested buyers, it has come a long way from what you heard in St. Louis Brian.

And as to CES next year, you are right... nah.  RMAF is where its at!!!

-Paul

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2007, 11:16 pm »
Yup - gotta deal with those rooms.  That 70Hz bump is nasty!

Oh, and by the way, if you want the cotton for the cabinets, I can get that for you.

Bryan
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2007, 11:28 pm by bpape »

PaulHilgeman

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2007, 11:52 pm »
Hmmm,

Cotton could be interesting.  I am still using polyester as it is pretty bulletproof, but definitely not 'green'.

Do you know the long term staying power?  Will it turn to dust after 10 or 15 years in a humid climate, like Wool tends to?

Acoustical effects, I am sure that at some density it is similar to other materials.

PM or e-mail me with pricing...

Thanks!!