Jeff Rowland Design Group === Daemon integrated amplifier

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Re: Jeff Rowland Design Group === Daemon integrated amplifier
« Reply #40 on: 22 May 2015, 04:39 pm »
Some people prefer MB while others like BMW and so it also applies to audio. :)

There is no need to label this is inferior or superior to the other. ;)

As long as they are happy with their choice...that's what it counts.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #41 on: 23 May 2015, 01:01 am »
Have only seen one article on JRDG products in hifi mags. Does anyone lnow the reason? Are thet better than all the other products? Worse? Or are they not advertising enought for the mags?
Jeff made a big splash with his first products back in the early 1980s but he then declined the opportunity to get on board the gravy train by crawling into bed with the American snob audio press. Back in those days his company was called Rowland Research if you want to investigate. He was sued by the Roland pro audio people and forced into a name change despite the fact of different spelling, different clientele and him using his own name to boot. So Jeff Rowland Design Group was born.
Jeff is revered around the world, particularly in Japan where he is referred to as God. He has told me many times that Americans just don't get his products and I have concluded at long last that, in the main, he is certainly correct. Lifestyle product? Come on!!
Pray tell, what American product compares to Rowland equipment? Surely no one here has carefully examined or used any of Jeff's more recent (last 20 years) gear would make such a comment. Everything about his equipment is carefully thought out and precisely constructed. Despite the gorgeous cosmetics, form actually follows function. I urge all of you who consider yourselves to be appreciative of the finer things to familiarize yourselves with Rowland components. They may well be too rich for you considering the pricing but the experience of touching and hearing his stuff is quite refreshing vis a vis the sheet steel construction and me too design of most all that our country produces. Take a gander at what a true world class company can do. You're in for a very pleasant experience.

Folsom

« Reply #42 on: 23 May 2015, 01:28 am »
The "local" audio home/shop here is a big fan.

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #43 on: 23 May 2015, 01:56 am »

Jeff is revered around the world, particularly in Japan where he is referred to as God.

not in russia and china... :green:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #44 on: 23 May 2015, 12:28 pm »
not in russia and china... :green:
Georgopoulos - I'm not sure why you posted that observation but I was prompted to investigate, finding this page on the Rowland website:  http://jeffrowlandgroup.com/us/distribution-north-america.html

It appears that you are correct about China having no representation (although HK does) but you were mistaken about Russia which does have representation. How popular Rowland is in those places I can't say but I found a perusal of the dealer list worldwide rather interesting. What other US manufacturer has 3 dealers in Latvia?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #45 on: 23 May 2015, 12:57 pm »
Jeff is revered around the world, particularly in Japan where he is referred to as God.
The same for Manuel Hubber, D´Agostino etc
Japanese are unsual people, not need much to be idolized by them, especially if American, even having destroyed his country twice in the war.
This reverence is entirely deserved in the case of Dr.Deming, which structured the Japanese companies beautifully in the post war.

Do you know the Arashi band? Of course no.
Its a very silly teen band, they are more than revered:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #46 on: 23 May 2015, 04:26 pm »
Shit, I missed my calling.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #47 on: 23 May 2015, 05:09 pm »
You're still young, Tyson -- plenty of time to change direction.

Don_S

« Reply #48 on: 23 May 2015, 06:38 pm »
I get that the first picture is bowing.  The second picture gives me pause.  What exactly are they doing?   :o :roll: :nono:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #49 on: 23 May 2015, 06:50 pm »
I get that the first picture is bowing.  The second picture gives me pause.  What exactly are they doing?   :o :roll: :nono:
Looks like a more sincere and certainly more personal form of worship. You should ask Tyson since he has claimed a natural predilection to the practice.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #50 on: 23 May 2015, 07:31 pm »

They're doing exactly what you think they are doing and that ain't worship!  :drool:

Gene

GuidoCorona

« Reply #51 on: 24 May 2015, 01:55 am »
Hi MacroJack, just came by this fine Rowland Daemon thread!

All, at this time, not too much is known about Daemon, except for the preliminary information posted on the Rowland site, and a few other tidbits here and there. I have chatted with Jeff Rowland just a couple of days ago. According to Jeff, Daemon was a real hit at the Munich High End Show, where it was featured in the Nordost room, with a full complement of Nordost Odin 2 PCS, ICs, and speaker wires.

Worth pointing out that the Munich show was the very first public appearance of Daemon.... In spite of the tremendous reception that the device seems to have received, Daemon in the room was far from being fully broken in.... I can't wait to read reports about devices that have undergone some serious break in.... For that, we might have to wait a little while longer.

As I learn more about it from the factory, I will post Daemon details here.

In case you asked, I also have been very fond of Jeff Rowland devices for the last 18 years or so.... started with the Model 7 version 4 mono amp, then M312 stereo, M625 stereo (original version), M725 mono, and most recently the incredible M925 monos.... Had the original Capri in my system for 18 months, then the Criterion linestage, and now I am driving M925s directly with the Rowland Aeris DAC into a pair of Vienna Acoustic Die Muzik speakers.

Regards, Guido
« Last Edit: 24 May 2015, 01:51 pm by GuidoCorona »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #52 on: 24 May 2015, 04:46 am »
Noticed just now, seems the second low is a man. :duh:
« Last Edit: 24 May 2015, 06:23 am by FullRangeMan »