Apple Airplay Question

Meicheng

Apple Airplay Question
« on: 25 Oct 2014, 11:24 pm »
I have a brand new Ipad Air2 where the Airplay is only recognizing my AppleTV.  I also have a Sony AV receiver with built-in airplay and a Klipsch wireless speaker with built-in airplay that are not showing up.  They do show up on my other Ipad, Ipod touch and within Itunes on my PC, so I am sure it is not a network connection problem.  But cannot figure out why they don't up on the new Ipad airplay.  Any suggestions? 

mnilan

Re: Apple Airplay Question
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2014, 05:27 pm »
Meicheng:
Check your "Settings" and make sure the network on your iPad is configured properly.  Otherwise, I would go to talk to one of the "genius" folks at Apple.
Good luck!
Mike

skunark

Re: Apple Airplay Question
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2014, 09:07 pm »
They won't show up in the remote app as a device, if that's where you are looking.   They should show up where every you see the triangle icon that sometimes is in the app itself or it's on the control center (slide finger up from bottom to top when you are in the home screen).   

You might also need to enable home sharing on the new iPad Air if you plan to stream music from your computer's iTunes library.   Airplay from device to receiver should work assuming you are playing audio from a local media file from the music app or from the web like the youtube app.

Jim