GIK treatment at RMAF

audioengr

GIK treatment at RMAF
« on: 19 Oct 2010, 09:07 pm »
Until RMAF this year I was not even familiar with GIK treatments.  I am a believer now.  Last year the very large room we were in (Iris) was a mess acoustically.  Lots of echoes and bass nulls and peaks.  We did the best we could programming the DEQX to compensate.

This year was a completely different story. Same room, but with GIK treatments thanks to Bryan Pape and Chris Hoff who recruited Bryan.  Difference was night and day.  The walls simply dissappeared.  First time at any show I felt like I was in a really large concert hall.

Also, the WAF was huge.  The panels behind the speakers had superb stratocaster graphics.  We own them now.

Steve N. and Janet (WAF)
Emipirical Audio

Rob S.

Re: GIK treatment at RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2010, 02:28 am »
Do you have any pictures of your setup?  did you use some diffusion panels in addition to bass panels?

Rob S.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2010, 06:05 pm »
Hey Steve,
Thank you very much for the kind words and BUYING THEM!!! I really wish I could have made it out there this year, but the office duties tied me down. Funny thing about that graphic is that was the one I choose for me personal use and it now seems to be the largest seller. I guess this means I have good taste??  :lol:
Look forward to meeting you NEXT year!! :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2010, 06:52 pm »
Yes, those treatments were HAWT!