Audiophile Estate Sale

daves

Re: Audiophile Estate Sale
« Reply #40 on: 4 Mar 2015, 02:55 pm »
Replies sent, Francis and herb.

daves

« Reply #41 on: 6 Mar 2015, 09:38 pm »
Would one of the Gateway Audio Society members post here and please tell Paul these amps, especially the Sun Audio, actually exists, and that this is not a scam. :(

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #42 on: 6 Mar 2015, 09:55 pm »
Dave is a real human being and not a douchebag looking to financially rape you.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #43 on: 6 Mar 2015, 09:56 pm »
I went to Dave's house and didn't jump on the McCormack amps  :duh:  in time.  Everything he had on his list was there, PLUS some other stuff I ended up buying.  Overwhelming, to say the least.      :thumb:

vintage9594

« Reply #44 on: 6 Mar 2015, 10:37 pm »
They were all there....actually got to take one home to try out.  Not sure what's still available for sale though.

Dave is a pillar of the audio community here in St Louis so no worries buying from him...

Baumli

« Reply #45 on: 7 Mar 2015, 08:21 am »
Dear Dave,

Now that the McCormack DNA-1.0 "Deluxe" is up for sale again, it might behoove you to make a correction. It isn't 150 wpc; rather, at 8 ohms it's 185 wpc. At 4 ohms it doubles to 370 wpc, and at 2 ohms it's 600 wpc. In other words, it not only is a more powerful amp than you thought, it bears mention that it also is a very high-current amp.

Good luck with all those sales!

Very best,

Francis Baumli

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #46 on: 7 Mar 2015, 01:01 pm »
The DNA 1 Special is now sold.  Thanks for tipping my decision, FB!   :thumb:

Scott F.

« Reply #47 on: 7 Mar 2015, 02:36 pm »
Hey Dave, I'll take that Rega RB300.

Can you say AudioMods Arm :thumb:

http://www.audiomods.co.uk/armkits.html

Baumli

« Reply #48 on: 7 Mar 2015, 07:33 pm »
Dear Scott,

There are only about 7 or 8 tonearms in the world I would live with. You already have one: the Dynavector. The Rega RB 300, modded, is another. You have a collection of the best!

Truly,

Francis Baumli

daves

« Reply #49 on: 7 Mar 2015, 08:00 pm »
Thanks, Bob and Scott!

daves

« Reply #50 on: 12 Mar 2015, 08:44 pm »
Coming up on last call.

simoon

« Reply #51 on: 12 Mar 2015, 11:01 pm »
Coming up on last call.

I'm still interested in that Ming Da line stage, if tomorrow (possibly Saturday) is not too late.

daves

« Reply #52 on: 13 Mar 2015, 02:28 am »
Simoon, I never got your PM>

Baumli

« Reply #53 on: 13 Mar 2015, 10:18 am »
Dear Dave,

Of all the units  you have for sale, the one I most hope sells--and stays in Saint Louis--is that big Sony turntable with that delectable arm. I myself just don't need it. I have a Chevy, a Jaguar, and a Rolls.  The Jaguar is for sale. I don't need a Ferrari. But that's what someone would be getting if they buy that Sony. A Ferrari which would compete with any of the best out there today. I'm amazed someone hasn't already picked it up.

Thank you for all the show-and-tell sessions. That was a cornucopian proffering. Many people feel indulged!

Very best,

Francis Baumli

Scott F.

« Reply #54 on: 13 Mar 2015, 12:25 pm »
Dave,

If you are around, I'll try and make it by this weekend and grab that arm. Let me know what day and time works for you. I'm open most all weekend.

Francis, you're right about that Sony with the SAEC arm is a kick ass table. It just needs a better looking plinth. Easy enough to do. Just visit the guys at Gordon's Plastics and have them cut, drill and bevel the edges of three slabs of 3/4" thick black acrylic. That will cost about 200 clams. Stick a few thin dots of Sorbothane between the layers and you'll have a table that will rival most anything here in town, not to mention, it will be awesome looking. Plus, being a direct drive, it will be rock steady. I keep looking at that thing and wanting to buy it but the last thing I need is another table. I've got six here already, including your old Merrell (which is my go-to, BTW). I'd like to have that arm though. It alone is almost worth what Dave is asking for the table.

Anyway, somebody local needs to buy this. Add that custom plinth, and this will be the last table you'll ever buy.

daves

« Reply #55 on: 13 Mar 2015, 01:24 pm »
Scott, we'll be home tomorrow, and if we don't get someone to buy the Sony, I think we will do that, and have it available for a loan out table for folks in Gateway. It would be nice to know that one of Ben's favorites is being shared by friends nearby.

Francis, thanks for the kind words. It has been quite an experience seeing all this gear come in, and now go out in a diaspora to California, New York, Conneticutt, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, Florida, Kentucky, Illinois, and elsewhere. There are few folks who really appreciate some of the exotic offerings that Ben had.

Thanks also to Kent, Steve, and Gabe, who helped immensely getting the estate to St. Louis, and more thanks to Scott, Mark, Dave, Mike and countless others who helped identify and fix the more arcane examples.
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2015, 08:21 pm by daves »

Scott F.

« Reply #56 on: 14 Mar 2015, 01:54 am »
Dave, somewhere around noon OK?

daves

« Reply #57 on: 14 Mar 2015, 11:34 am »
Yes, Scott, just give me a ring before you start out, and we'll be home.  :D

daves

« Reply #58 on: 18 Mar 2015, 09:29 pm »
Audrey and her husband are coming in town this Sunday, so for all of you who who have purchased something from the estate, or are thinking of still buying something, please come over Sunday at 1 pm.
Dave

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #59 on: 18 Mar 2015, 09:36 pm »
What's left?  Any ICs or PCs?  Tweaks?  Software?