http://www.6moons.com/news/news.html

Any comments?

Thanks for taking a look!
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2010, 11:29 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

mfsoa

Re: 6moons Cherry jr Announcement
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2010, 02:27 pm »
Cool-

Doesn't dual-mono power supply mean that is has two transformers?

At least that's the way this layman reads it...

-Mike

mcullinan

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2010, 02:29 pm »
Congrats!

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2010, 02:45 pm »
That's great news.
Congratulation! :thumb:

P.S
if it is not a secret, can you spill the beans as to who is going to conduct the review?

Cheers
Mariusz

srb

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2010, 04:22 pm »
Doesn't dual-mono power supply mean that is has two transformers?

At least that's the way this layman reads it...

That's the way I have always defined true dual-mono, and my eyes enjoy seeing two transformers.

But many manufacturers do describe their layout as dual-mono if the transformer has dual sets of secondary windings feeding separate rectifiers and filter capactitor banks.

I suppose in theory, one could argue that a larger single transformer with dual secondary windings that had a VA rating equal to two separate smaller transformers of half the VA rating, might be able to supply greater power to the more demanding of the two channels at the time.

Steve

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2010, 04:27 pm »
Is that just a press release or will they be doing an actual review? Looks more like the former to me.

This sentence seems a bit off too...

"Massive dual-mono power supplies and large heat sinks handle the output without the need for power conditioning."

I never noticed the above when I saw your amps. I went to the web site and none of the pictures indicated the above either.

mfsoa

« Reply #6 on: 10 Mar 2010, 04:46 pm »
IMHO, I'd like to see more mention of the not-UcD, not-ICE and not-Tripath nature of this design.

It's hard to tell from the 6Moons paragraph that this is a ClassD amp.

-Mike

mcullinan

« Reply #7 on: 10 Mar 2010, 04:54 pm »
IMHO, I'd like to see more mention of the not-UcD, not-ICE and not-Tripath nature of this design.

It's hard to tell from the 6Moons paragraph that this is a ClassD amp.

-Mike
Its a very good selling point. It seems that the manufacturers who use ICE always play the fact that a whole lot of people use it, and they play up their special implementation. I cant see those implementations having that much effect.
M

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 10 Mar 2010, 07:13 pm »
We are happy to say 6moons had the guts to be first:
http://www.6moons.com/news/news.html

Any comments?

Thanks for taking a look!

Ahhh announcements ain't nuthin' Tommy, 6Moons will announce anything. But a review,,,, now that's where some guts could be displayed.  :weights:

Congrates tho on the free press Tommy.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
« Reply #9 on: 10 Mar 2010, 07:14 pm »
To clear it up...  There is one transformer, but separate supplies for each channel.

Two transformers would be necessary for us to call the product a "true dual monoblock" design, which we don't.  However, there's also the issue of AC Mains circuits, motherboards, and power cords, which should all be separate as well for "true dual monoblock" operation.

The Cherry jr is designed to get it all in one box at a reasonable price.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #10 on: 10 Mar 2010, 07:15 pm »

Ahhh announcements ain't nuthin' Tommy, 6Moons will announce anything. But a review,,,, now that's where some guts could be displayed.  :weights:

Congrates tho on the free press Tommy.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
We asked about doing a review, but it will take some time to gauge interest for 6moons.  If you'd like them to do a review, please write to them and let them know!  I'm sure that would help speed up the process.  Thanks.

TONEPUB

« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2010, 08:33 pm »
Doesn't have anything to do with guts...

Didn't know about you.  Send me an amp, I'll be happy to give you some coverage.
We've always got readers looking for a good amp in this category.

Feel free to email me at:  tonepub@yahoo.com

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #12 on: 14 Mar 2010, 07:05 pm »
Doesn't have anything to do with guts...

Didn't know about you.  Send me an amp, I'll be happy to give you some coverage.
We've always got readers looking for a good amp in this category.

Feel free to email me at:  tonepub@yahoo.com
Thanks, we're on it!

kngale1

« Reply #13 on: 31 Mar 2010, 02:56 pm »

Tommy, is the Cherry Jr. essential a DAC4800A with a different chassis and binding post?   Only difference I found reading your website.

It would be nice if you could add pictures of your products from different angles on the website especially from the back to see the layout.

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #14 on: 1 Apr 2010, 11:23 am »
Tommy, is the Cherry Jr. essential a DAC4800A with a different chassis and binding post?   Only difference I found reading your website.

It would be nice if you could add pictures of your products from different angles on the website especially from the back to see the layout.

Yes, plus the DAC4800A has LEDs on the front (instead of inside) and pushbutton standby control.

Our site needs work, and we hope to improve it over the summer.

Thanks.

Srajan Ebaen

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 1 Apr 2010, 01:01 pm »
I put out the review solicitation with my gang but nobody came forward. That tends to be a combination of time and interest, i.e. everyone on my team goes after what interests them. Due to the lack of response, it doesn't seem likely we'll have a review anytime soon. What we had up was a news announcement as forwarded to us from the manufacturer. That's all :green:

gerald porzio

« Reply #16 on: 1 Apr 2010, 01:54 pm »
Maybe they go after only what interests them because they are not paid or poorly paid. `Nuff said.

kngale1

« Reply #17 on: 1 Apr 2010, 07:30 pm »
Yes, plus the DAC4800A has LEDs on the front (instead of inside) and pushbutton standby control.

Our site needs work, and we hope to improve it over the summer.

Thanks.

Without an external standby control on the Cherry Jr, how long of a warm up is required for maximum performance?   If in minutes, then no biggie.

Can you post pictures on the back of a DAC4800A and Cherry Jr?  I like to see the XLR connectors and binding posts.

Thanks!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #18 on: 1 Apr 2010, 08:25 pm »
Warm up takes less than half an hour --- when the heat sink temperature levels off.

However, the Cherry jr does have a remote jack, just like the DAC4800A and Cherry PLUS.

Here are pictures of our new amps from the introduction of our new chassis (Oct 2009):
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=58526.msg682534#msg682534

kngale1

« Reply #19 on: 2 Apr 2010, 12:18 am »
Warm up takes less than half an hour --- when the heat sink temperature levels off.

However, the Cherry jr does have a remote jack, just like the DAC4800A and Cherry PLUS.

Here are pictures of our new amps from the introduction of our new chassis (Oct 2009):
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=58526.msg682534#msg682534

Thanks for the link to the pictures.  I expected a stereo/mono switch in the back ... stereo or flip to mono and use either the left or right channel for bridge mode.   How do you run in bridge mode?    Is the amp hardwired to either stereo or mono at the factory?