Soundirok App

XMAN

Re: Soundirok App
« Reply #160 on: 6 May 2017, 02:59 pm »
Yes it solved my issue with getting album art but it does take some time to load initially.
Can't believe one file out of 40,000 caused the hangup. :duh:

james
Mine is still unusable

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #161 on: 6 May 2017, 03:40 pm »
Mine is still unusable

Try starting the app with a single thumbdrive with only a few songs and see what happens.

james

XMAN

« Reply #162 on: 6 May 2017, 04:07 pm »
Try starting the app with a single thumbdrive with only a few songs and see what happens.

james

Mine isn't retaining the album art it reloads all the time even tho i have it set to retain its probably my ipad MM work very well however just wish it was able to read my booklets

I made a few intelligent files 19 albums work ok but even as little as 70 albums and there is a  problem.

elpolaco

« Reply #163 on: 24 Oct 2017, 12:59 pm »
I bought and loaded Soundirok onto my iPad and I am very impressed.  I was using MPaD but it is a bit clunky when dealing with playlists.
Because I had set up my files & artwork to display properly on MPaD, Soundirok had no trouble displaying my artists & albums.
Playlists I had setup on MPaD were read and worked easily.

I am using Soundirok to control my new SOtM SMS-200 in MPD/DLNA mode and it works very well.
Maybe the developer should get in touch with SOtM and offer his app with the purchase of an SMS-200.
I suspect that the SOtM will sell very well and Soundirok could leverage sales to this user group.
The combination of Soundirok and the SOtM SMS-200 into my DAC (Auralic Vega) has delivered the best sound I have heard from my system.

Hi fellas. I have an sotm sms-200 too with soundirok and I can´t get any cover.
ClothEars, can you explain how?
Also, I can´t play dsd, even my dac does. Any ideas?

eyeshigher

« Reply #164 on: 4 Mar 2018, 11:04 am »
Just started using Soundirok app again.

WOW !!!!!, Just tried Journal view, never noticed this before. Web links, artist info and similar artists.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #165 on: 4 Mar 2018, 08:21 pm »

...tried Soundirok today with iphone7 with bad results. it took HOURS to load the songs (2.8 tb on external hdd). so i stopped it. however, have to check it again later...
but maybe it's me again who did something wrong :scratch: :icon_lol:

i'm getting old, i think :green:

al.

ClothEars

« Reply #166 on: 6 Mar 2018, 08:52 am »
I am experiencing a problem with the new version.  I updated the MPD database and when it went into refreshing the Soundirok database it crashed.
I now can't keep it running for more than 2 seconds before it crashes again.  I checked for the files mentioned by James Tanner but they are not on my hard drive.
Anyone else having these problems?

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #167 on: 6 Mar 2018, 05:21 pm »
Been using Soundirok for a few hours this morning on my iPhone and Android, both appear to be running ok.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Soundirok?  Also could you post a screenshot of your device settings, perhaps its an option your using?

Chris

ClothEars

« Reply #168 on: 7 Mar 2018, 12:00 am »
The issue is with the hard drive contents.  If I load a different drive with say 20 albums on it and update the database it works fine.
It's when I attempt this with my drive that has 2.5GB of .WAV files that it crashes.  It has worked without a problem on the same 2.5GB drive up to this latest version.
I have also tried another drive with about 2.2GB of files and it crashes as well so it's not an actual drive fault.  I have emailed Daniel for a solution.

soliver

« Reply #169 on: 13 Dec 2018, 11:11 pm »
I believe it was mentioned earlier in this thread that someone had code to download Artist pics to give a different photo for the “Artist” view

I have manually added what I label Cover pics versus Folder pics up to the letter D, and while I love the additional pic, the time it took to get to D is preventing me from finishing the project (5+k albums)

Any help on how to do this efficiently?