A Christmas Story

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: A Christmas Story
« Reply #180 on: 10 Jan 2016, 08:33 pm »
I thought it was over....

I am tied completely in knots over this thing.  Talked to my daughter just now to see if she sensed any problems between the warden's daughter and that worthless SOB husband of hers.  If I can get confirmation of problems in that marriage that it may help with my approach; at least I can side with the wife.

The second time they left dogs with us they visited my daughter's house so the cousins (who get along fantastic) could have fun and build gingerbread houses and do Christmas shit.  Fine.   I'd rather babysit the dogs than the SSIL anyway.

That was the day of monsoon rains in Missouri.  Daughter now tells me MY SIL couldn't participate in the fun because HE was in the basement trying to vacuum up muck and water.  Which, I'm told, was still coming in strong from the constant downpour

What did SSIL do?  Drank beer and watched football.  MY SIL has officially been awarded sainthood.

ScottF, you have a Kabota.  Could I take it down to Eureka and dispose of a body?  In all the flood aftermath I'm sure it's be unnoticed.

I am SO pissed I didn't deck him when the timing was right.

Shit.

Scott F.

« Reply #181 on: 10 Jan 2016, 09:55 pm »
Hey Bob,

Have you ever considered Zanax? I hear it works wonders. After one or two, all your troubles disappear....til they wear off  :duh: :lol:

....keep thinking....happy place...happy place...happy place...happy place

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #182 on: 10 Jan 2016, 10:03 pm »
Hey Bob,

....keep thinking....happy place...happy place...happy place...happy place

Graveside?  Is that a place?

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #183 on: 10 Jan 2016, 11:05 pm »

Folsom

« Reply #184 on: 10 Jan 2016, 11:16 pm »

I am SO pissed I didn't deck him when the timing was right.

Shit.

You need to chill out. He sucks. But if you tried to dispose of him you'd have a stroke. It's not beneficial for you to rage on. Just from now on set boundaries, be direct and clear about all of it. Call him out when he's wrong and everyone knows it; but in a way that gives him the chance to act different. (Not because you expect him to, but because it looks worse on him when you're vested in the subject just to shit on him; which makes the womens forgo the subject matter and believe you're being an ass, potentially)

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #185 on: 10 Jan 2016, 11:44 pm »
, but because it looks worse on him when you're vested in the subject just to shit on him; which makes the womens forgo the subject matter and believe you're being an ass, potentially)

Yeah, you're right.   :oops:

I HAVE to ease off before the warden returns or I might/probably lose the high ground.  Best bet is never to be in the same building with him EVER.  Their house can fall down around their shoulders before I left a finger too help.  I'll just be "busy."

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #186 on: 21 Jan 2016, 01:12 am »
First, thanks to all the ACers who talked me down off the ledge.

Second, "the talk" took place this afternoon on the ride to the airport.  I approached the topic very cautiously and said I was worried that I had royally screwed up.  To my utter astonishment The Warden agreed with me nearly 100% on the situation.  She said I owed no one an apology, that it is "my"  :o  house and they should have respected that. 

She thanked me for spending weeks making the house "perfect" for our guests, and understanding how important it was to her that the visit go well. Part of that was Dumbshit had been banished from the warden's sister's home for being a dickhead, and this was my wife's way of telling her sister to go screw herself.  Did I mention this was a complicated hell-hole from the get-go?

My wife even criticized (gently) her own daughter for not taking a stand on the incidents, and when I told her of a recent royal screwup by her daughter that cost me $500 (talk about a nuclear land mine if there ever was one) she even took sides with me! 

I was stunned when my wife said "when you threw their dog across the kitchen you really meant to throw SSIL.  The dog was just a stand-in."  God, I love this woman!

Finally, Gail even said she really appreciated it that I had the courage to bring up the fiasco topic, and she loved me all the more for it.   What did I do to deserve this amazing woman??  Or am I in much more trouble than I realize?    :peek:

Now, the future.....  I even laid out all the mayhem I had considered: mailing back their trash, refusing to step foot in their home,barring them from here, arson, etc.  While she was taken aback, we talked it out and sort of agreed the only real solution is to play nice in the future. 

Which is what I will do, reluctantly.

Unless, course, he fucks up again.    :icon_twisted:

Again, my heartfelt thanks to the AC Psychiatry Circle for helping me get through this.   I am deeply indebted to all of you.

'brick

JakeJ

« Reply #187 on: 21 Jan 2016, 02:01 am »
You are welcome.  We all need a little help from our friends, now and then.  :thumb:

You, sir, are the one that truly prevailed through all of it.  Good on ya!  We all have complicated families, it was just your clan's turn in the blender.

Next.

« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2016, 12:56 am by JakeJ »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #188 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:09 am »
Brick said,  "What did I do to deserve this amazing woman??  Or am I in much more trouble than I realize?    :peek:

Now, the future.....  I even laid out all the mayhem I had considered: mailing back their trash, refusing to step foot in their home,barring them from here, arson, etc.  While she was taken aback, we talked it out and sort of agreed the only real solution is to play nice in the future. 

Which is what I will do, reluctantly.

Unless, course, he fucks up again.

Whatever you did, the warden clearly sees great value in you. It seems you're in very good hands. Cherish her.

I fully expect SSIL to repeat his performance at every future opportunity. I encourage you and the warden to draw up a list of boundaries which must be honored on their next visit. Any infraction would result in their being moved out of the house and into a motel at their expense.

Good luck, sir!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #189 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:18 am »
Brick said,  "What did I do to deserve this amazing woman??  Or am I in much more trouble than I realize?    :peek:

Whatever you did, the warden clearly sees great value in you. It seems you're in very good hands. Cherish her.

I fully expect SSIL to repeat his performance at every future opportunity. I encourage you and the warden to draw up a list of boundaries which must be honored on their next visit. Any infraction would result in their being moved out of the house and into a motel at their expense.

Good luck, sir!

Thank you!  I bought the warden on eba....uh, MATCH.COM, and each of us are the polar opposite of what the other was looking for.  Somehow, someway, we have made it work, and work well  At the end of our talk she said "ya know, I can't wait until we're both retired and able to do what we want together!"

Yes, she is amazing!  I cherish her beyond words.    :thumb:

That doesn't mean dumbshit is off the hook.....

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #190 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:29 am »
You're a better man than I, Bob.
Truly.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #191 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:31 am »
You're a better man than I, Bob.
Truly.

I know.     :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sfox7076

« Reply #192 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:55 am »
The real problem will be if SSIL tries in the future.  It will only get worse in that scenario. 

ACHiPo

« Reply #193 on: 21 Jan 2016, 03:59 am »
'brick,
The prologue  :duh: epilogue makes it all worthwhile.  It really is quite a yarn--on par with Patrick MacManus or Lewis Grizard--and your ending ties it up quite nicely.  Not that I know anything about these matters, but I do think it's publishable.  Maybe Esquire?  Or Popular Mechanics?  8)

Best,
AC
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2016, 11:35 am by ACHiPo »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #194 on: 21 Jan 2016, 06:02 am »
Thunderbrick,

What a great ending! Congratulations!

This would make for a great case study. And talk about a Hollywood ending! Your wife is a superstar! I think she might get a kick out of reading each one of your posts in this thread. You guys are champions and thanks for taking us on this five out of five ride. 

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #195 on: 20 Oct 2016, 05:13 pm »
UPDATE:

Christmas Karma came early this year.  Step-son-in-law, Satan's spawn, who spent last Christmas staring into his phone while gifts were opened, totaled his car recently.

Why karma?

He was looking at his phone and drove off the road.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

:dance: :jester: :notworthy:

And he told his wife "I really feel stupid!"

Obviously he was the last to know.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #196 on: 20 Oct 2016, 05:21 pm »
I am sorry to hear of your pain :flame:

If I can provide any comfort I will be in Kansas (Wichita) in a week.

I know all of us at AC would like to help you with the healing process :deadhorse:

Alan

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #197 on: 20 Oct 2016, 05:26 pm »
In Wichita?  Really?

If I give you the GPS coordinates can you stick a sign there that says "A dumbass drove off the road here"  ?

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #198 on: 20 Oct 2016, 05:31 pm »
In Wichita?  Really?

If I give you the GPS coordinates can you stick a sign there that says "A dumbass drove off the road here"  ?

I will have a couple of weeks of spare leisure time to spend in the city.   So far just one house call to a AC member so book your time now! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

mjmsound

« Reply #199 on: 21 Oct 2016, 12:48 am »
So does this mean that we will not be entertained by the Christmas step son in law saga this year? :lol: :lol: :lol: