Had a seat on this Harley today

stlrman

Had a seat on this Harley today
« on: 23 Jul 2016, 10:22 pm »
I rode for seven years on some cheaper bikes, ended up on a Ducati Monster.
Man seating on this bike really felt like seating on a quality machine . The sound of the screaming eagle pipes.
Wow!!!

1200 cc

I'm sure I can't afford new.
I have no garage! :o
But saw this one on CL

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mpd/5670167807.html

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
Re: Had a seat on this Harley today
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2016, 08:03 am »
That new Harley is just darn handsome.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2016, 03:21 pm »

I can get you a deal on this if you would like

stlrman

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2016, 06:38 pm »
Sweet bike Charles!! I found a few really nice Sportsters in the area in my budget at $2500.
What kind of bike is yours?

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 26 Jul 2016, 10:09 pm »
I think I'm leaning toward an 883 hugger . It's 100 lbs lighter
I am only 5'3'' inches tall and 175 lbs .
Even 883 low
I would like my feet as close to being flat.
I don't want a bike that is too big for me to control , park etc. we have super steep hills all over the city.
Any thoughts ?
Thanks

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2016, 11:03 pm »
I don't know what your riding style is but it's hard to beat the Italians for handling on a twisty road.

stlrman

« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2016, 01:14 am »
I had a Ducati Monster, was my last bike . Loved it!!
I'm not getting a bike for a long while now as I need to take care of some cc debt first, wife's school loans etc.
Do you partake in the motorcycle forums Steve? I have been enjoying reading up there.
Todd

I don't know ,something about all that chrome and the sound of a Harley has me geeked up to get a Harley one day. I had a Katana, and Ducati, but I guess I'm older now , I can give up performance, to ride a Harley.
I did  test ride a Yamaha 600 cc and it was a very comfy ride and great fit for me $2499 plus tax,tags.
When I finished the test ride , I thought I could be very happy living with that bike.

Now , I'm jonesing to ride!!!! Again , after a 14 year break , and I can't do it.
I was going to finance , I could have got a very low payment! More debt! Shit !!!!

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #7 on: 12 Aug 2016, 05:07 am »
I mostly stick to brand-specific sites: badweatherbikers.com for Buell and triumphrat.net for the Triumphs, of course.
You can pick up really nice used bikes for not too much money if you shop around.  Cycletrader.com is a good one as is your local craigs list. 
Losing the debt is a good thing but maybe you have something lying around you could sell to raise some funds? 

I tried to sell off some spare relatives but no takers so now 'm working on doing a one bike out/one bike in deal at the moment.  We'll see.