oppo 95 and two channel audio w/ video?

bakufu

oppo 95 and two channel audio w/ video?
« on: 22 May 2012, 12:27 pm »
hi all - a question about hookup and settings.

i've placed my order for dan's solid state mod to the oppo 95, which i plan to use in my 2 channel setup.

for audio, i'll be using the balanced outputs to my preamp, a prism orpheus, which accepts TRS inputs.

i'm currently using a 32" samsung 1080p monitor for my other source, a mac mini running itunes/pure music/spatial computer.  mini -> monitor uses hdmi.

now the majority of my oppo listening will consist of sacd and blu-ray, and in the blu-ray case there is video content.

so how exactly do i send that to the monitor?  via a second hdmi?  and what settings do i select for the oppo to send the audio portion to the preamp and just the video to the monitor?

i guess i could consult the manual, so feel free to accuse me of being lazy.

thanks in advance ...

decal

Re: oppo 95 and two channel audio w/ video?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2012, 12:43 pm »
You could consult the manual. :lol:

Ern Dog

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2012, 02:28 pm »
I have a similar set up using a Modwright Oppo 83.  I've got 2 hdmi inputs into my plasma tv, one from Directv and the from my Oppo for when I watch dvd or blu rays.  For the audio portion, I connect both the directv and Oppo via RCA's into my preamp.  Then I simply put the TV on mute and listen through my stereo speakers, instead of the tv speakers.

milford3

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2012, 02:47 pm »
HDMI out, HDMI in, HDMI out, HDMI in.