Salk speakers with Ayre gear

n2siast

Salk speakers with Ayre gear
« on: 10 Feb 2018, 03:18 am »
Hello

looking for feedback with any member using Ayre amp and preamp with any of the Salk speakers.

Big Red Machine

Re: Salk speakers with Ayre gear
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2018, 11:22 am »
Ayre gear is the real deal. I'm convinced that fully solid state is the way to go from now on.

I have read that the Ayre amps are very good but if you use both their amps and preamps that may be too harsh a sound for some.

I use a K-5xeMP and it is super. It is very revealing and if you are not careful I can see where lesser components around it could make it sound harsh - cabling, dac, amp. But right now I love the clean bass it delivers, beautiful soundstage, and effortless delivery.

My amp is a Wells Inamorata and I am looking for a D'Agostino to replace it.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2018, 12:43 pm »
Ayre gear is the real deal. I'm convinced that fully solid state is the way to go from now on.

I have read that the Ayre amps are very good but if you use both their amps and preamps that may be too harsh a sound for some.

I use a K-5xeMP and it is super. It is very revealing and if you are not careful I can see where lesser components around it could make it sound harsh - cabling, dac, amp. But right now I love the clean bass it delivers, beautiful soundstage, and effortless delivery.

My amp is a Wells Inamorata and I am looking for a D'Agostino to replace it.

Any desire to move up to the KX-5 twenty rather than changing amps? From the little I’ve read it’s supposed to be quite a bit better. If I had the coin I’d love to try one of the twenty series integrated amps.

Roninaudio

• I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2018, 05:59 pm »
Ayre is high quality, please post impressions if you land your 5 series.
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2018, 01:26 pm by Roninaudio »

n2siast

« Reply #4 on: 11 Feb 2018, 02:00 am »
Looking at the 5 series twenty edition.