The Modwright experience

maxboy00

The Modwright experience
« on: 20 May 2012, 01:36 pm »
I have been looking for an IA that has good clean power, is dynamic and is able to drive easy as well as difficult speaker loads for some time now. That search is now finally over with the purchase of the Modwright KWI 200.  And thanks too Dan for allowing it to happen.

There are no Modwright dealers within three states of me, I sent an email asking if they had dealers that permitted in-home demo’s, which they do not, so then Dan offered to send me this IA for a week of home demo with the option to purchase.

After the terms were agreed upon, I received the KWI 200, what a nice piece of audio jewelry, but more importantly the amp performed flawlessly, clean dynamic, fluid with a tendency to operate on the warm side a bit. The amp I received had about 100 hrs on it plus the time I had with it. It replaced my Bryston 4B, and before that the
Bryston B-100, and is driving my PMC FB1’s that I bought solely for it’s synergies with Bryston. The KWI-200 did not miss a beat and my PMC’s sound excellent through the KWI, I can not ask for more than that.

To sum up, Modwright is an excellent company to work with, and without Dan’s assistance in allowing this demo to occur, I would still be searching instead of enjoying my set-up, thanks again Dan.

Tim

Phil A

Re: The Modwright experience
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2012, 01:41 pm »
I concur.  I replaced a Bryston 14BSST with a KWA150SE. Before the Modwright amp, I made to the move to the LS36.5DM preamp having had all Bryston on the front two channels before that.

modwright

Re: The Modwright experience
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2012, 06:37 pm »
Thank you both!  The KWI 200 is a product that we are all VERY excited about here!

It has our 'House Sound', which IS just slightly on the warm side of neutral, without sacrificing detail, resolution or the natural reproduction of music.

I don't like SS gear that is hard, analytical and bright.  I like tubes and SS and we strive to produce products that embody the beauty of tubes and power and control of SS.

The KWI 200 is a pure SS design, offers total integration with PLENTY of power and NO COMPROMISE in sonics.  Our goal was to provide the ULTIMATE integrated and your feedback confirms my belief that we have succeeded in this.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Sincerely,

Dan W.
« Last Edit: 21 Jan 2016, 05:28 pm by modwright »