Touch Screen for HAL MS-3

ACHiPo

Touch Screen for HAL MS-3
« on: 9 Jul 2016, 09:36 pm »
After having enough of getting down on the floor to use the keyboard, mouse, and monitor on my MS-3, I finally took the plunge and picked up an ASUS 17" touch screen.  It seems to work very well so far, although I still need to figure out how to use the shift and control keys to select more than one file at a time to transfer.  Also took the opportunity to download Win10 and install it since I'm running Win10 on my new desktop.

I also took the opportunity to tidy up the cables, dust, etc.  Here's a pic of the newly organized electronics closet...

(sorry it's sideways--can't seem to figure out how to post so it's right-side up)

Now if I can just get the Aurender to show up on my network again!

WGH

Re: Touch Screen for HAL MS-3
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2016, 10:45 pm »

ACHiPo

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2016, 01:42 am »

Thanks!  How do you do that?

HAL

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2016, 02:07 am »
ACHiPo,

Glad the touchscreen worked out With the MS-3. 

Thanks for posting the picture of the setup as well. 

ACHiPo

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2016, 06:53 am »
ACHiPo,

Glad the touchscreen worked out With the MS-3. 

Thanks for posting the picture of the setup as well.
Rich,
My pleasure!  Got everything playing nicely with each other after rebooting my Comcast modem.  Woohoo!  Can actually move files between my PC, Aurender, and MS-3, and my system hasn't sounded better!

HAL

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2016, 09:58 am »
ACHiPo,
Good news!

It has been fun demoing the difference between a heavily moded CD player and the MS-3 an dspMusik playing back the same CD.  Not even a close comparison, the MS-3 setup sounds better. 

WGH

« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2016, 05:34 pm »
Thanks!  How do you do that?

Just a little magic  :wink:

Computers these days have become just smart enough to cause problems but not fix them.
Graphics programs and viewers will show photos on your computer with the correct upright orientation even though the exif data specifies a horizontal orientation. AC image software reads the exif data and shows the horizontal image.

My solution in your case was to copy and save your photo, open it in IrfanView, rotate it, re-save, then upload to AC. IrfanView changes the exif data, my old PaintShop Pro program does not. I can also right click the thumbnail in windows and rotate which seems to work but I still don't trust windows.

You can fix photos uploaded with the wrong orientation by going to Gallery, then Manage my albums and click on the photo you want to change and use the buttons on the lower right to Rotate left or Rotate right.

Wayne