MrSpeakers Alpha Dog & AURALiC Setup

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog & AURALiC Setup
« on: 7 Jun 2014, 02:42 pm »
I heard these headphones at a local meet and decided that I had to have them.  Of course with me using the AURALiC Vega already I knew that I had a start of a very good system.  Also, having the ODAC I could easily take the whole thing with me if I needed some portable music elsewhere.  The only thing I needed was an amp.  After doing a bunch of looking and listening I decided on the AURALiC Taurus MKII. 

What a fantastic combo!

brother love

Re: MrSpeakers Alpha Dog & AURALiC Setup
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2014, 03:55 pm »
Very nice!  How would you compare the sound to your main system with the GedLee Abbey's (realizing of course the AD's are closed headphones) ?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2014, 08:54 pm »
Very nice!  How would you compare the sound to your main system with the GedLee Abbey's (realizing of course the AD's are closed headphones) ?
Very good.  I think it's hard to make that comparison.  However, if I were living in a NYC or London apartment I think I'd own this instead.  Taming the room and playing at the levels I'd want to play are impossible in that setting whereas this is simple and doesn't piss anyone off.   ;)

This setup has crazy good detail with a very balanced bottom end.   :thumb:   

JohnR

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2014, 09:07 am »
You don't have an O2 amp?

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 8 Jun 2014, 11:50 am »

JohnR

« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2014, 12:04 pm »
I thought you did. Anyway, just a bit confused to the reference to a portable setup! I'm sure it's very nice  :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jun 2014, 12:14 pm »
I thought you did. Anyway, just a bit confused to the reference to a portable setup! I'm sure it's very nice  :thumb:
I have an ODAC.  Yes, portable to other houses and such.  Not easily portable like an O2/ODAC combo.  I'm still trying to decide on an DAP for that.  Maybe the FiiO X7.   :dunno: