Singxer and SU-1 and Microrendu?

DavidS

Singxer and SU-1 and Microrendu?
« on: 4 Jan 2017, 07:24 pm »
My dac (an older Lampizator) does not have a usb connection so have been using the original M2Tech Evo spdif converter to connect between my microrendu and the dac.  The sound is pretty good (mostly using roon and tidal) but still doesn't measure up to the dac and transport with cds.  I have been reading good stuff about the singxer su-1 as a spdif converter but not sure if it will work with the microrendu.  Have read there is a proprietary driver that needs to be used with the unit - are there microrendu owners using the singxer unit?  If so what has been your experience?

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
Re: Singxer and SU-1 and Microrendu?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2017, 01:35 am »
The microRendu works with that device.

limniscate

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jan 2017, 08:56 pm »
I just got my Singxer SU-1, and it's not working with my microRendu and Yggy.  The SU-1's "play" light is on, but the Yggy doesn't seem to be receiving a signal.  I'm using AES output on the SU-1 to the Yggy and have the correct input on the Yggy selected.

N/M figured it out.
« Last Edit: 6 Jan 2017, 10:31 pm by limniscate »

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #3 on: 6 Jan 2017, 10:02 pm »
My dac (an older Lampizator) does not have a usb connection so have been using the original M2Tech Evo spdif converter to connect between my microrendu and the dac.  The sound is pretty good (mostly using roon and tidal) but still doesn't measure up to the dac and transport with cds.  I have been reading good stuff about the singxer su-1 as a spdif converter but not sure if it will work with the microrendu.  Have read there is a proprietary driver that needs to be used with the unit - are there microrendu owners using the singxer unit?  If so what has been your experience?

DaveS,

Wanted you to know that I was using the Evo and switched to the Singxer SU-1 and it sounds a lot better.

Also, really glad you asked this question because I have been planning on buying a Microrendu and was wondering the same thing.

Take Care,

Greg