BAS system works!!

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
BAS system works!!
« on: 21 Sep 2011, 11:10 am »
BAS =  Brake Assist System

So i was driving perfectly normal in a small town yesteday, well below the speed limit, on a one-way road with cars parked on one side.

It all happened within one second or so,  All of a sudden, at a glance, from between the parked cars, i noticed something moving very rapidly towards the road so i subconsciously moved my foot to the breaking pedal, it's at that very moment i realize it's a small boy running across the road so i floored the breaking pedal, tyres screaming,  the boy finally noticed my car, turned back and ....fell.  :duh:

I managed a full stop only about 2 inches from the boy  :duh: Man it was scary, scared my soul out of me, i thought i killed him... It's the BAS system saved his life, it successfully acknowledged the emergency and applied full braking power as soon as i touch the breaking pedal. It was close, but thank god it worked.... :duh: 2 inches...

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: BAS system works!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2011, 01:19 pm »
Nice story, being that it all worked out well.  What car were you driving, Mercedes-Benz?

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
Re: BAS system works!!
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2011, 01:35 pm »
Nice story, being that it all worked out well.  What car were you driving, Mercedes-Benz?

yeah, w212 E-class, not really an exciting car but glad to find out that at least some of the fancy features actually work.