RS7 In Charney Audio Maestro Tractrix Rear Loaded Horn

rodge827

About a year ago Brian Charney called me and said "I did it!" "did what" I asked "build a horn designed on the Tractrix theory and it sounds stupid good!"  A few days later I was up to his place in Somerset NJ looking over his C&C machine and listening to (drooling over) a pair of Maestros. The first thing I thought was these sound very much like the Omega's I once had. I mentioned that to Brian and he side stepped the comment with a how do they sound? Stupid good!

Since that day Brian came clean, that the drivers were Omegas, and that Louis was a big help in getting the project done. So it took a year but the Maestro's are in my room singing along with aplomb! The Maestro is a fantastic example of the grace and generosity of an established "Good Guy" in audio, can help make it happen for a new start up. Well done Louis and Brian!

Take a look:

Broadway90

Re: RS7 In Charney Audio Maestro Tractrix Rear Loaded Horn
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2016, 11:52 pm »
Ha! I thought Brian was only using Lowther drivers in his speakers. He builds some wonderful systems. I am sure this is an awesome combination. Congrats and enjoy!