CUTTING "SKINNY" WOOD

Danny Richie

Re: CUTTING "SKINNY" WOOD
« Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2016, 12:13 am »
Danny, could the port on the LGK be flipped around to the front?  This might help out with the on-wall (ceiling) installation?

No, putting the port in the front on these adversely effects the response. All they need is to be a few inches off the wall.

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2016, 04:55 pm »
How I wall mounted my LGK's.

For a modest bedroom system these work great and will actually play pretty loud.

When we move to our new house in a few months I will add another pair for rears, and add a sub.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 31 Aug 2016, 05:38 pm »
If you don't have a wall where you want the speakers and have to mount them to the ceiling, do they have to be mounted vertically or can you turn them horizontally and mount them so a side faces the ceiling?

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 31 Aug 2016, 07:00 pm »
If you don't have a wall where you want the speakers and have to mount them to the ceiling, do they have to be mounted vertically or can you turn them horizontally and mount them so a side faces the ceiling?

It's a full range driver, so it really doesn't matter which way you turn it. But the response does benefit (stays smoother) if you can keep it away from the walls.

*Scotty*

« Reply #24 on: 31 Aug 2016, 09:03 pm »
Hi Danny, I am a little unclear about what the advantage the Skinny 6 has over the LS9 in sch's situation. The Skinny 6 and the LS9 both appear to have a similiar footprint on the floor and need a little space behind them for the best bass.
Scotty

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 31 Aug 2016, 09:28 pm »
Hi Danny, I am a little unclear about what the advantage the Skinny 6 has over the LS9 in sch's situation. The Skinny 6 and the LS9 both appear to have a similiar footprint on the floor and need a little space behind them for the best bass.
Scotty

Actually the difference in the footprint is pretty huge. See the LS-9's here with Mark.

The skinny 6's are about the size of the small floor standing speakers next to the LS-9's but about 4" skinnier.

And the LS-9's play down to 20Hz and can easily load up a small room. The Skinny 6's will not overload a room.

*Scotty*

« Reply #26 on: 31 Aug 2016, 09:52 pm »
I was unclear the floor plan and on how big the the room was in cu.ft..
Scotty

sch

« Reply #27 on: 6 Sep 2016, 12:07 am »
Yes, the size of the house where the Skinnys will go is considerably smaller and the LS9s are huge for the space. On top of that I don't own the LS9s any more :( They were sold for $ reasons.
Thanks Danny for the pics of the LGKs. I think I'll install them on ceiling, as far from the ceiling as possible, using a bracket.
The Skinnys will be finished this week, I'll post pics ASAP.
Thanks for the help received,
Santiago