AV123 GR Research Encore X-LS all Upgrades,Crossover built by Danny!!!

Joemamma

Up for sale is one of the best bookshelf speakers money can buy.  It can compete with many cost no object speakers.  This is one of the last speakers that Reuben made before he disappeared.  If you are not familiar with Reuben, his cabinet work is the best around.  The speakers are french vanilla silk.  They have all the upgrades.  Not only that Danny Ritchie of GR research assembled the crossover point to point with all of the best parts.  When the skiing ninja was around he would charge close to $400 for crossovers like these.  The Cabinets are lined with NO REZ.  The price $600 with shipping.  They were listened to one time and then put back in the box.  I can't believe nobody has snatched these up.  Come on Audio Circle community, step up because this may be one of the few places that these can be truly appreciated.  They won the best bookshelf speaker shoot out.  Go to stereomojo and read it for yourself.  I just spoke with Danny and these crossovers should have Platinum caps and Erse xq inductors.  Like I said, top of the line, handmade, point to point crossovers by Danny.  This is a very good price considering the quality of these speakers.  Or you could trade me (4) open baffle subwoofers (12) if you have them.

« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2016, 10:30 pm by Joemamma »

roscoe65

Small world.  I have a matching pair of Encore X-LS with the same upgrades.  I also asked for a matching center channel without upgrades and Ruben disappeared on me. 

I can say that these are great sounding speakers that excel in all the traditional hifi criteria.  They do best with a little distance from the wall since they are rear ported, but they absolutely rock.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2015, 03:02 pm by roscoe65 »

SlyFuu

Joemamma

$600 takes them

zeke

Joemamma

Tomy2Tone

Joemamma

These need to go!  Cleaning out closets and i would like to sell these.

Joemamma

Would like to sell these to buy woofers for open baffle subs

Joemamma

Man these forums are not that great for selling great speakers.  These are one of the best bookshelfs out there.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Hello, Joemamma.

This is a guess on my part based on my casual observation over the years that interest in these speakers waxes and wanes periodically. About a year ago these were HOT with many folks ordering either kits or finished pairs. My guess is that sated demand for a time. I expect there will be a time again where new folks will come along to catch the excitement.

Those are really nice looking BTW. [Yes, I considered offering to buy them, but I really don't need another pair of speakers at the moment.]

GLWTS!

Michael

wangch32

pm, your box is full

shawn4943

Tried to PM you back, but your inbox is full. Was going to do what we previously discussed. Send me your paypal info and I'll get that to you. Thanks.

Joemamma

inbox cleared out

shawn4943