Analog Research SPDIF cables are available again

art

• Industry Participant
    • Analog Research-Technology
Re: Analog Research SPDIF cables are available again
« Reply #20 on: 3 Jun 2010, 08:45 pm »
OK.........officially out of parts to make any more. Parts are not due in for several more weeks. Crossing our fingers they will actually show up.

Pat

a1p1

« Reply #21 on: 11 Jul 2010, 02:36 am »
Any updates on these?

AP

art

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 11 Jul 2010, 05:21 am »
Funny you should ask...........

I have been feuding with our supplier, all week, as we never received an order confirmation. As if by pure coincidence, we received (on Friday) enough connectors to make.................(drum roll).............

2 cables.

The rest in a few weeks. They claim.

Seriously considering making these only available to Legato owners. So, if you are on the fence, you may want to jump on one of the 2 we can make. As much of a pain as this supplier has been the last year or two, we are not inclined to do a lot of business with them in the future. (Don't ask about the  Great Credit Card Fiasco of 2009, and how they threatened to turn us over to a collection agency, while their over-billing was going through dispute resolution. Nice folks, eh?)

On a lighter note..........

We found some white expandable braid, that we are going to use. Something other than black. Just for grins. Might look good, with the white heat shrink we use. I'll find out on Monday, when I make them.

Pat

art

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 22 Jul 2010, 07:33 pm »
Surprise, surprise, surprise.................they just showed up. I'm shocked..........shocked, I say.

OK, if someone wants one, order it now. The Boss will be gone a week or so, which means no official announcement that these cables will only be sold as an upgrade, to Legato owners. When the Boss is back, I expect we will make that the official stance.

Pat

TONEPUB

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jul 2010, 07:44 pm »
I sure like mine, highly recommended!

drmike

« Reply #25 on: 25 Jul 2010, 01:40 pm »
how  do i order the wire and legato?
thanks,
drmike

kitten

« Reply #26 on: 1 Jan 2011, 04:12 am »
Apologies for posting to such an old thread but just wanting to confirm whether these cables have actually been discontinued -- or whether there is still a chance of them eventually being sold again. (The ART web site continues to state "Please check back at a later date".)

art

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: 17 Jan 2011, 08:32 pm »
I just noticed this.

We only make the expensive on available, to our customers. Long story short, the parts are too hard to get, to make it widely available. We still include the other one, as part of all Legato sales. I guess we could sell them, to anyone. We mainly do cables as a service to our customers, since we are not in the cable business.

(Translation: We could make good money, if we sold them, priced comparable to the other stuff out there. As good as they may be, they are still just wire/cable. Only so much you can mark it up, and feel good about it. Assuming there is more to life than making money.)

(Yes, making money...........something we are not good at.)

Pat