Button changing on The Sensation

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Button changing on The Sensation
« on: 5 Aug 2013, 07:22 am »
Being a confirmed VA Fanboy l have purchased a second Sensation ( M901 stock- and it sounds mighty fine!) so l can place my Sensation M451 in the lounge, however the latest addition to my VA family has Silver buttons and l have received some black buttons from Seth, and l would like to replace the Silver ones with black ones, before l start taking apart and butchering  the M901, can anyone tell me if a DIY Numpty such as myself can do this job or do l get my tech guy to do it, thanks for looking :thumb:

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
Re: Button changing on The Sensation
« Reply #1 on: 7 Aug 2013, 12:50 am »
I think you can handle it.
remove the top, loosen the set screws that are in the sides near the faceplate on the top (you'll see the holes the screws sit in)
remove the 4 screws that hold the faceplate from the bottom plate. you might also have to remove the volume pot.
slide the faceplate forward sliding the set pins out of the top of the sides, lay the faceplate down, remove the 4 screws on each circuit board mounted to the faceplate.
replace the buttons and reverse  :D

does this make any sense? it looks like jibberish to me but I cant think of a better way to explain it.

Being a confirmed VA Fanboy l have purchased a second Sensation ( M901 stock- and it sounds mighty fine!) so l can place my Sensation M451 in the lounge, however the latest addition to my VA family has Silver buttons and l have received some black buttons from Seth, and l would like to replace the Silver ones with black ones, before l start taking apart and butchering  the M901, can anyone tell me if a DIY Numpty such as myself can do this job or do l get my tech guy to do it, thanks for looking :thumb:

Tarzan

• Virtue Audio Fanboy
Re: Button changing on The Sensation
« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2013, 10:33 am »
Ok thanks Jason, will give it a go :thumb: