FS: Nova Physics Memory Player Upgraded to 32bit DAC D2D, IDEAS jitter erasure

Thunder

Unit was $14000 new. Asking $2900

Owned unit since 2007. Major ($3000) upgrade to it in 2011 to:

The Memory Player with 32bit DAC
D2D, I.D.E.A.S.
jitter erasure system in 2011.

Financial circumstances have changed and I need to seel the unit. Priced to sell quickly.

In great shape but does have small nick visbile from the front (see photo). Comes with over 3000+ songs, some of them hi res. An eclectic mix.

ABOUT UPGRADE:

The new MP up-samples ALL inputs, CDs or high resolution files to 32bit.

Upsample from;

16/44
to 32/44

24/88
to 32/88

24/96
to 32/96

24/176
to 32/176 &

24/192
to 32/192

32/44 allows us to place system losses above the area where music will be played in the 32nd and 31st bits for example. It also allows us to use digital volume and balance controls losslessly. Also 32bits allow us to "Dither Down" to 24bits or 16bits which lowers THD (distortion) that could not be applied
without 32bit files.

It now uses a simple drag and drop of music into the memory or just a "Right-click COPY,
Right-click PASTE" to move music to and from the Memory. As easy as using
any other mouse.

It also has the capability of using auxiliary inputs that you may control from the MP.

The new MP still has a very special CD burner and the ability to Digitize Analog and/or Record FM or other Streaming Audio.

The new MP supports ALL uncompressed formats and ALL High Resolution files as well. High Resolution Files will greatly improve once upsampled to 32bit and changed to WAV if necessary. The MP can do this. It gets more out of high resolution recordings than people realize is possible due to the advantages 32bits has
with losses and dithering plus decompressing "lossless compression" will GREATLY improve lossless compression like FLAC, Shorten and WavPak.

Some commentary form MP creators...

Upgraded to 32 bit
DIt's been completely redesigned. Almost a continuous year to develop a jitter erasing technology known as I.D.E.A.S. An acronym for Impulse Discharging of
Events in Atemporal Space. that is, it removes non-music data (Impulse Discharging of Events) from the memory holding the CD's music, then it places
music data that was displaced into areas filled by non-music data (Atemporal Space) and fills the contiguous spaces with music data only.

IDEAS proved ultimately to be the lowest digital audio jitter playback system in the world. It was developed as a joint effort with 3 companies, Nova Physics and an Australian and Indian software development companies who we can't market until Laufer TekNik has secured patent protection but that will be available in 2010. Not that it's that important as the product is using IDEAS now but I thought I should mention it up front so it doesn't look like I'm taking credit for IDEAS exclusively.

Anyway the new MP is the only player for AUDIO that is, that uses IDEAS (it is in use in satellite and communication technologies now where jitter control is paramount).

IDEAS has dropped the jitter of the new MP to 1/100th of the top performing players like Esoteric, Wadia, EMM et al or of any mechanically-based audio
playback devices and to 1/10th the jitter of atomic (& Rubidium) clocking machines like DCS. IDEAS can achieve femtosecond jitter, below a nanosecond.

The reason being that as good as clocking can get, (and the DCS clocking IS superb), the transmission lines (wires and board foils), the hardware itself,
the passive parts, the nearby devices, the temperature, humidity, etc all create jitter and set the jitter floor above the
ability of the most superb clock. This jitter also varies according to some of the above and many more situations could be raised.

IDEAS works at the effective "end of the chain". IDEAS uses a virtualization technology that corrects almost all of the jitter created by anything in front of the DAC to levels literally never before achieved in audio playback. And it does it in an unorthodox but simple way:

I.D.E.A.S. creates a virtual but perfect*, 'empty CD' on a portion of memory. When the CD data comes to the memory that IDEAS controls, it can ONLY be  written to a vacancy on the Virtual Perfected Compact Disc (VPCD) if it's jitter is low enough to "fall into a perfect slot" on the VPCD. As  the CD data uploads to the VPCD, it must be nearly perfect to populate the VPCD or it's rejected and reread until the VPCD is populated.

Once the VPCD is full, you have a CD of original data with virtually NO jitter and it is from here that the MP with IDEAS plays the CD. In most cases, it's
effectively, a copy of the master. I say this because IDEAS actually achieves "femto-second" jitter levels, lower than even most studios can play
their own masters. "Femto" is an order of magnitude below any player of audio I am aware of.

The new DAC is known as "Direct to DAC" chip technology. It IS the shortest signal path from the "Moment Of Analog", the point where analog firsts appears within the DAC chip itself.

You see ALL DACs have on-chip amplification, equalization and buffering which adds literally hundreds of components in the signal path regardless of the
quality of the DAC digitally. For example, a Burr-Brown DAC currently manufactured has over 200 components in the signal path before it actually exits the chip itself.

Nova & Cirrus developed a DAC that digitally performs on par with the finest DACs available however, the D2D has pins that allow us access to the MOA (Moment Of Analog) itself. We are actually able to connect to the first appearance of analog inside the DAC chip and bring it out to the MP's analog output jack. In truth, we add 1 polypropylene capacitor to block DC. This could be done electronically but in my experience, the single capacitor will be by far the most reliable. And a polypropylene/Tin foil capacitor is second only to Teflon caps (which are an option but it's horribly expensive and not worth the benefit IMO).

D2D is just incredible. The LACK of color is the first obvious difference and inevitably the first reaction from listeners on the panels. And the
"release" of ambiance that IMO, was only possible with vinyl. It is so dramatic. There's no way I can express this to you without sounding like a
promotional jerk but it's just changed the game as I see it. There's D2D and there's digital audio. I think it's THAT big, I truly do.

Anyway the combination of IDEAS and D2D has created a new MP that is several orders of magnitude greater. I could give you the emails of some reviewers as I get their permission (I'm sure they'll be ok with it) to get opinions from people not associated with the MP. Also we're seeing a similar situation with the MP at The Absolute Sound. Someone in TAS said "It is the finest digital audio player in the world, period". I will get permissions to distribute their quotations if you'd like to read it.

As of this moment, 9 reviewers in The Stereo Times, 4 from The Audiophile Voice, 1 from The Absolute Sound and 3 from Positive Feedback own the MP.

Back to the MP. It now uses an Internet Gateway to control it. It's easy and effortless. It locks on and won't time out for a continuous 24 hour period on non-use. To get back on, you type in your name and you're back in control.

We've had zero failures since this version began shipping and only 1 hardware failure since 2004.