Industry introduction: Vinh Vu of Gingko Audio and Danacable

vtvu

• Industry Participant
Hi Everyone:
This is Vinh Vu and I am kind of new here even though I have been involved in the audio industry since about 2000.  Having spent 23 years at Bell Labs and Lucent Technologies working on switching systems, fiber optics, intelligent networks, and video systems, among other products, I retired in 2001 to pursue audio.  I founded www.gingkoaudio.com, making audio accessories such as acrylic dust covers, the patented Cloud vibration control platforms, and ClaraVu™ speaker systems.  We make all our products in the US using the best components from all over the world.  We sell Gingko products through a number of dealers in the US as well as in several countries.
In 2008, I started Norvinz as a company marketing audio equipment through a network of Field Representatives.  We represented equipment from Sanders Sound Systems, Merrill-Scillia Research, RL Acoustique, Gingko Audio, TBI, and Opera Audio.  The market crash of 2008 did little to help the audio industry and I decided to close Norvinz after a couple of years.
In 2012, I began collaboration with Dana Robbins of Danacable to manufacture and market quality cable products.  We sell direct through our website www.danacables.com.   Gingko and Danacable have been showing our products with several partner companies, some of whom are active participants on Audio Circle, Salk, Lampizator, and Modwright, to name a few.  Danacable has been mentioned on several Audio Circle posts on recent shows and I hope to continue a healthy dialog with Audio Circle members about Danacable products. 
I have been an audio manufacturer for more than 15 years but I am first and foremost an audiophile and music lover.  I am interested in audio as a technical endeavor to reproduce the kind of music I hear at the many live musical events I regularly attend.
Let me know if you have questions about Danacable, Gingko, or anything else audio for that matter.
Vinh Vu
Danacable and Gingko Audio

jsalk

• Industry Contributor
    • Salk Signature Sound
Vinh -

Welcome to audiocircle.  It has been great working with you at recent audio shows.  Best wishes for your endeavors here!

- Jim

Guy 13

Xin chao ong Vu.
A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. Vu

Guy 13
(Spent 20 years in Saigon, but (Unfortunately) still don't speak fluently Vietnamese.  :oops: )

THROWBACK

Welcome, Vinh.
A big "thumbs up" for Gingko products and the man who sells them. When I added a second tonearm to my turntable, my old cover would no longer fit. Rather than just ordering a new cover, I decided to go all the way and get a new Gingko base as well. I had a very good base already and was not really expecting a sonic improvement, but I got one anyway. Wow!

Both the base and the cover are beautifully made and Vinh was great to work with.

vtvu

• Industry Participant
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Guy 13, "Cam on anh rat nhieu" (Thank you very much)
ThrowBack, I am happy you like our dust cover and Cloud.  Thank you for your business.  We aim to please.
Jim, it is fantastic to be partnering with one of the "good guys" of audio.
By the way, Gingko and DanaCable will be at AXPONA in April, sharing two rooms with Salk and Wells Audio.  We will be at the Lower Level where the big rooms are.  Our reference rig, the same one that got Best of Show at the Capital Audiofest, will be featured in the big (36'x32') Directors A room at the end of the hallway.  We will even have a first-class analog rig this time, featuring the Luminous Audio Arion phono preamp.
We will also be in the Sherman room (20'x16') at the other end of the hallway where we will have a first-class system for less than $10K total.  In that room we will have the new Wells Majestic integrated amp and Salk speakers among others.
We also will have two tables in the EarGear Expo room, showing direct comparison between stock headphones cables and our upgraded Danacables.  Looking forward to a great show!
I will update you all with more details as we get close to the date.
Vinh Vu

dreamtheatervn

Xin gửi đến ông Vũ lời chào từ Sài Gòn!
Rất vui được biết các sáng chế của ông hữu dụng trong audio. Nếu ông đồng ý tôi sẽ giới thiệu sản phẩm của ông trên diễn đàn cho audiophile ở Việt Nam.

Greetings from Saigon!
I am glad to know your patents are useful for audio. If you agree, I will write some introduction about your products on local audiophiles forums in Vietnam.
Regards,
Kien Do

vtvu

• Industry Participant
Hi Dreamtheatervn:
Good to know that the audio market is alive and well in Viet Nam.
Please send me a PM so we can take it off-line.
Vinh Vu~

dreamtheatervn

Hi Dreamtheatervn:
Good to know that the audio market is alive and well in Viet Nam.
Please send me a PM so we can take it off-line.
Vinh Vu~
Hi Vinh,
I have no idea about the market since I'm just a music lover.
By the way, Viet population is more than 91millions and most of people needs to entertain by listening to music :-)
You got a PM, I will leave this land for other ACers.

Phil A

Welcome to AC!  Great products btw.  I have three Cloud 10 platforms for a long time (and nice seeing you at the CAF).  Many moons back I ordered two, one for my SACD player and one for my DVD-A player.  My DVD-A player was backordered and a friend thought I was crazy to spend that amount for an isolation platform (he bought isolation feet that were a fraction of the price).  I lent it to him that day and he called me the next day to ask if he could keep it, have the store order another one for me and drop his payment off at the store when I picked up my DVD-A player.

vtvu

• Industry Participant
Phil:
Great story, Phil.
Yes I remember you very well in the early days of the Cloud back around the mid-2000.  I remember you putting me in touch with Tom at Gifted Listener in Centreville, Va. and posted some nice things online about Gingko Audio.  Small audio companies like Gingko need help from their customers to spread the word.
It was nice to finally meet you in person at CAF this year as well as having dinner with you, Rim and the AC crowd at the Chophouse.
We had a great room at CAF last year and look forward to come back with the same lineup this year.
Vinh

KLH007

Re: Industry introduction: Vinh Vu of Gingko Audio and Danacable
« Reply #10 on: 3 Jan 2016, 01:30 am »
Hi Vinh, The room you shared with Jim and Wells at 2015 CAF sounded magnificent, I found myself dropping by the room just to relax and listen to music, well done. I'll see you in Rockville this July.
Kemper

Phil A

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jan 2016, 03:52 am »
Phil:
Great story, Phil.
Yes I remember you very well in the early days of the Cloud back around the mid-2000.  I remember you putting me in touch with Tom at Gifted Listener in Centreville, Va. and posted some nice things online about Gingko Audio.  Small audio companies like Gingko need help from their customers to spread the word.
It was nice to finally meet you in person at CAF this year as well as having dinner with you, Rim and the AC crowd at the Chophouse.
We had a great room at CAF last year and look forward to come back with the same lineup this year.
Vinh

I did end up visiting a few dealers (way back when) and I know for a bit one of them eventually carried the Gingko platforms for a bit not too long afterwards.  Probably will get new balls ( :lol: it's about time) for them next time I place an order with one of the online retailers (not really anything overly close to me where I am now).

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #12 on: 3 Jan 2016, 04:01 am »
Welcome to AC Vu.

Proud of what you have accomplished.

Keep up the good work.

Hugh

vtvu

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: 3 Jan 2016, 04:12 am »
PhilA: Definitely it's time to replace the balls.  I will send you a PM about it.
Hugh, thank you for the welcome.  I take that you are Hugh Nguyen of Angel City Audio?
I have heard good things about your Trinity speakers.
Will you be at AXPONA or Newport this year?
Vinh

vtvu

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: 3 Jan 2016, 04:36 am »
KLH007:
Kemper: Thanks for the kind words.
We definitely will be back to Capital Audiofest this year.
It is one of my favorite shows, very pleasant atmosphere.
Vinh

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #15 on: 3 Jan 2016, 05:06 am »
Vinh,

Sorry, I thought your first name is Vu.

And yes, you are correct.

We'll be at Axpona, Munich, & Newport.

Looking forward to chat with you.

Hugh

PhilA: Definitely it's time to replace the balls.  I will send you a PM about it.
Hugh, thank you for the welcome.  I take that you are Hugh Nguyen of Angel City Audio?
I have heard good things about your Trinity speakers.
Will you be at AXPONA or Newport this year?
Vinh

jriggy

« Reply #16 on: 3 Jan 2016, 04:06 pm »
Welcome to AC Vinh!

Thank you for being so helpful and patient with me as you helped me through demoing your DanaCable SCs and ICs a few months back! I am very much enjoying all my new cables and they have really brought the system together.

Glad to see you here!

Best wishes

Jason

vtvu

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 3 Jan 2016, 09:45 pm »
Jason:
Good to hear from you.  Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Danacables.  Thank you for your business.
Check out the new website www.danacables.com. We are offering 20% off our products to kick off 2016.
Also check out the more recent reviews and show reports.
Hope to see you in person at some upcoming shows.  We will be at CanJam in Costa Mesa, CA in March and AXPONA in Chicago in April.
Vinh

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #18 on: 4 Jan 2016, 08:50 pm »
Welcome to AC, Vinh.

I have been away for the Holidays.  I can't remember the last time I had 10 days off. 

Vinh is a class act, folks.  It's been a pleasure in every interaction with him at all settings both business and pleasure.  Gingko platforms give you organic and warm sound compared to Stillpoints' brilliant clearness in my system with Daedalus isolation Devices coming in somewhere in the middle. All of them were improvements over stock feet.  All audio accessories, IMHO, should be matched to the rest of your system to obtain what you are looking for.  I am keeping my Stillpoints for now but I know where to go if I need to move the other direction.  Thanks for letting me try, Vinh. 

Wells, Ginko, Salk and Lampi room was one of the best at CAF last year. 

Again, welcome. 

P.S.  We will have to get together on the links for sure.
« Last Edit: 5 Jan 2016, 12:37 am by woodsyi »

vtvu

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: 4 Jan 2016, 09:20 pm »
Rim:
Thanks for your vote of confidence.
Hope to see you again at this year Capital Audiofest.  Maybe we can get a round in then.
I need at least 10 strokes though.
Vinh