BDA-2 DAC and BDA-3 DAC

Ottawa HiFi

Re: BDA-2 DAC
« Reply #140 on: 7 Jan 2013, 02:43 am »
Robert,

I will keep you posted.  Bryston were very quick to get back to me initially and I will await further instructions come Monday morning for shipping the unit to them.

As for the input I am using, I started with Coaxial input.  I then switched to Optical input.  Optical does sound better.

This said, one friend of mine said I should change my source one more time to confirm it is not the DAC.  Will go do that right now.

BDA1 was an awesome DAC.  I am sure once we work out whatever is going on here that the BDA2 will be just as good if not better.

Regards,
Ottawa HiFi

budt

« Reply #141 on: 7 Jan 2013, 04:59 am »
  Mr. Ottawa

I also live in Ottawa. I have the latest B&W 800 Diamonds,Bryston 7B SST2 and Bryston BP26 premap. Before sending you unit back to Bryston you are welcome to come over to my place to try it out if you wish. I have a feeling it might be after market cables you are using( I have noticed some of those can ad sibilance). In any event you can try it at my place if you wish....
  Cheers

Ottawa HiFi

« Reply #142 on: 7 Jan 2013, 06:37 pm »
Budt,

Thank you.  Having done lots of testing; using a BDA-1 previously; I think the best course of action is to send the unit to Bryston
at this time for a double check.  BDA-1 was so good I admit that it was the best component in my system and must state
it made my system great.

That said, after the unit returns to me from Bryston, if I find myself in the same boat, I would love to take you up on your offer to listen to it and ascertain its characteristics.

Either way, we can arrange for you to listen to it in time.

Regards,
Jules.

Robert D

« Reply #143 on: 7 Jan 2013, 10:43 pm »
Jules, happy to see things are moving forward ....
Ps. I'm in St-lazare around 1.30 mins from your Home .Just out of Montreal Ex 22 lol

If you wanted to do some tests at my home your More then welcome.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Any Hoo I'm happy to see things are moving forward for you.

Feedback once the BDA-2 is back in your home.

Regards Robert

tubesound

« Reply #144 on: 8 Jan 2013, 11:02 pm »
BDD-1

Bryston Digital to Digital

Xinon

« Reply #145 on: 9 Jan 2013, 01:28 pm »
Today I got a phonecall from my dealer , finally the Bdp2 and Bda2 had arived :thumb:
2 hours later after he had unpacked everything he called me again, Bryston had sent him the Bdp1 and Bda1 instead , and he has like 20pair of them in the store already  :duh:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #146 on: 9 Jan 2013, 02:50 pm »
Today I got a phonecall from my dealer , finally the Bdp2 and Bda2 had arived :thumb:
2 hours later after he had unpacked everything he called me again, Bryston had sent him the Bdp1 and Bda1 instead , and he has like 20pair of them in the store already  :duh:

Hi - where are you located and I will check into this.

james

Ottawa HiFi

« Reply #147 on: 9 Jan 2013, 08:11 pm »
Just an update,

Have not sent BDA-2 to Bryston yet.  I am awaiting the go ahead from them before sending it in.

James is busy at CES.  Can't wait to get the unit verified by Bryston.

Ron D

« Reply #148 on: 9 Jan 2013, 08:49 pm »
Call the nice people @ Bryston directly and they will advise as to how to proceed with the return shipment.

James is no doubt busy fielding questions and directing the ever growing traffic pattern in their room @ CES :wink:

Ottawa HiFi

« Reply #149 on: 9 Jan 2013, 09:21 pm »
Yes, I am sure they are busy at CES.  And with good reason!   :thumb:

Xinon

« Reply #150 on: 10 Jan 2013, 10:05 am »
Hi - where are you located and I will check into this.

james
Hi James, I'm located in Norway .
Tor was A little frustrated also, but not much to do, will have to wait for next delivery .

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #151 on: 10 Jan 2013, 02:06 pm »
Hi James, I'm located in Norway .
Tor was A little frustrated also, but not much to do, will have to wait for next delivery .

Hi

I looked into it and he did order the BDA-1 and the BDP-1 on the order form.  We are fast-tracking another set for you.

My apology. :duh:

james

Xinon

« Reply #152 on: 10 Jan 2013, 08:25 pm »
Hi

I looked into it and he did order the BDA-1 and the BDP-1 on the order form.  We are fast-tracking another set for you.

My apology. :duh:

james
He did , ha ha , he is getting old, I will go easy on him  :D
No need to apology on his behalf James , you do a teriffic job here on the forum .
Thanks for taking the time to look into it , much apreciated  :thumb:

Eirik

mkaiser

« Reply #153 on: 12 Jan 2013, 02:20 am »
Hi all,
Looking to acquire the BDA2 and have 3 questions:

What is the best digital connection from TV cable box to BDA?
What is best digital connection from Blu-ray player to BDA2?
What is best digital connection from Bryston CDP to BDA2 (i am thinking AES/EBU)?

Thanks in advanced for the responses as this is my first time trying to go digital with sources.

Mark

Joker

« Reply #154 on: 12 Jan 2013, 08:57 pm »
Hi all,
Looking to acquire the BDA2 and have 3 questions:

What is the best digital connection from TV cable box to BDA?
What is best digital connection from Blu-ray player to BDA2?
What is best digital connection from Bryston CDP to BDA2 (i am thinking AES/EBU)?

Thanks in advanced for the responses as this is my first time trying to go digital with sources.

Mark

Hi Mark, am using Toslink Optical from my TV and Blu-ray each to my BDA-1. And with that have used the two ports. While I don't have a CDP, I do have my BDP-1 connected to the BDA using AES/EBU, since I believe that is the best digital connection between the two. As always, cables need to be top grade to unleash the potential of the components. Cheers!

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #155 on: 12 Jan 2013, 09:07 pm »
hi, Mark!

i'd say that the 'ranking' is:

xlr, bnc, coax (cinch), optical, usb.

so i have the BDP-1 connected via xlr to the BDA-1. for tv and cable boxes i think that the optical input should do the job. for critical music sessions try the xlr, bnc or the coax. if you have the BCD-1 then give its internal dac a chance as it is a superb converter if you ask me. in the case of the new BDA-2 it would be worth a try to connect both the analog and digital outs of the BCD-1 into your setup to find out what sounds best.

but as always...let your ears decide.

happy listening :wink:

al.

gordon

« Reply #156 on: 18 Jan 2013, 01:55 am »
Will keep an eye out for it  :thumb:

James

Just heard from Rickey at Ovation my BDA2 has arrived, about 7 weeks including the Christmas break! Things must be hopping at Bryston, nice work James. Will post some feedback.
I am upgrading from a BDA1 + Empirical Offramp combo and am eager to see if the single box with its new USB input can work where the Bryston/Offramp had worked well.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #157 on: 18 Jan 2013, 03:23 am »
Just heard from Rickey at Ovation my BDA2 has arrived, about 7 weeks including the Christmas break! Things must be hopping at Bryston, nice work James. Will post some feedback.
I am upgrading from a BDA1 + Empirical Offramp combo and am eager to see if the single box with its new USB input can work where the Bryston/Offramp had worked well.

Great :thumb:  looking forward to your feedback.

James

Robert D

« Reply #158 on: 19 Jan 2013, 01:11 pm »
James, I have a BDA-2 on Order since Dec 27th 2012.  :D
Can you let me know the excepted delivery with all the back orders where my order stands

Thank you  Robert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #159 on: 19 Jan 2013, 01:17 pm »
James, I have a BDA-2 on Order since Dec 27th 2012.  :D
Can you let me know the excepted delivery with all the back orders where my order stands

Thank you  Robert

Hi Robert - sure - what dealer?

james