MOG no longer available in the USA after 15 April 2014

JohnLL

Re: MOG no longer available in the USA after 15 April 2014
« Reply #20 on: 23 Jan 2014, 04:35 am »
Typical American biz C-21 style, and some complain about the Chinese! The poor Chinese have to up their game to do us as our brethren are.

Nick77

« Reply #21 on: 23 Jan 2014, 01:34 pm »
I canceled when i got the email, dont want any surprises. I barely used it but invaluable when needed.

geowak

« Reply #22 on: 23 Jan 2014, 06:43 pm »

-------------
I LOVE Mog.  I think it is the best service available to listen to high resolution music on my squeezebox and PC.
I have told many about Mog, and I many of my friends have signed up.  I also loved that is was $5 a month.
Looks like Beats won't support Squeezebox or either Mac and PC, which is crazy in my opinion.
There is NO way I could support Beats because of this.  I also believe you will lose a large percent of the Mog subscribers.  Unfortunately Mog had very little presence in the market place because of little to no advertizing.
I guess because it was being taken over by Beats.  That's a shame.  I have many friends who use Spotify that would have checked out Mog if they only knew about it.  Mog's marketing was very poor and Mog's socials aspect is not comparable to Spotify, in all other areas it was superior to Spotify and others.  I think if Mog corrected those two areas it could potentially take over Spotify.  Unfortunately Beats is only going after the cell phone market.  It will lose out on PC, Mac, Squeezebox and the like customers. It would be wonderful if current Mog subscribers could be grandfathered in with their existing plans when Beats takes over, but Beats would still have to provide a similar or better service with access to computers and Squeezeboxes, etc.  If this were the case your current subscribers to Mog would stay happy and help to promote your new service. That's priceless.  You should well know that any only service grows spreads much more quickly by word of mouth. Please keep your current subscribers happy, and allow Mog to continue unchanged or with similar plan along with computer, squeezebox etc. use. In doing this I know Beats would become a player in the online music market.

That letter is great. It says everything I would have wanted to express myself. Call me a pessimist, but I don't think Beats Music is going to "care" about former MOG supporters. They have done the research, they know what market share they will lose, and what market share of the cellphone market they can get in the future. For me, I am going to explore the other companies out there and other methods to get streaming music.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #23 on: 2 Feb 2014, 07:21 pm »
I like mog.

I will wait until everything is changed over or integrated and then make a decision. But, I doubt I will be going with Beats.

I don't agree with the way Beats run there business. I think it is very disrespectful.

And I am a profound believer in "voting with my dollar".

MHO.....

the smith..

TrungT

« Reply #24 on: 2 Feb 2014, 07:24 pm »
^^^^^
+1

Crimson

« Reply #25 on: 2 Feb 2014, 07:54 pm »
I don't know what all the fuss is about. I was a mog user, and now I'm a beats user. Same bitrate, same library (plus more), different interface. I liked mog for these reasons, and now (after a small learning curve) I like beats. SB support is supposedly being worked on.

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #26 on: 2 Feb 2014, 08:03 pm »
At $10.00 a month, I'll look around for another service.

I have been listening to iTunes radio, and there programing is better.

Hands down better service.

Imho..

Crimson

« Reply #27 on: 2 Feb 2014, 08:13 pm »
That may well be true. I'm not much of a streaming radio user, but rather use these services as an on demand pay-per-listen service for millions of albums. Kind of like a library much much larger than my own available anytime anywhere.

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #28 on: 2 Feb 2014, 08:17 pm »
Crimson,

I just started using iTunes, it's like they stole my play list,  I had built at MOG.

I wonder if our play lists are used in a demographics data base and sold to other services.

It's spooky,  how there algorythims are picking the music I like.

Bladesmith.

trackball02

« Reply #29 on: 26 Mar 2014, 06:55 pm »
Does any know if there is a desk top app for Beats Music, or is it only accessible on a smart phone?

Gopher

« Reply #30 on: 26 Mar 2014, 07:31 pm »
Will there be a beats app for squeezebox?  I hope so..

mboxler

« Reply #31 on: 31 Mar 2014, 12:35 pm »
Just got this e-mail from MOG....

Hello Moggers,

Sorry for being so quiet lately. We’ve been heads-down building some features specifically for you. They’ll help make your transition to Beats Music as smooth and seamless as possible.
WHAT'S NEW

We completed work on the playlist conversion tool.
Transfer your MOG playlists to Beats Music >

MOG will not shut down on April 15th.
There’s still some work ahead of us. So we’ll keep the MOG service active for a little while longer.

Monthly billing will remain active for now.
Don’t worry. We’ll give you a 30-day heads up on the new transition date. AND you’ll still get your first month of Beats Music on the house. Just keep an eye out for an email update.

Thanks for sticking with us. Your loyalty and feedback over the last two months has meant the world to us. We hear you.

bladesmith

• palmer knives
« Reply #32 on: 30 May 2014, 09:41 pm »
"MOG will cease operations on May 31 in the US. That means it will no longer be available to stream music on the web, mobile apps, Sonos or Roku; nor keep the downloads on your mobile device. "

so long MOG.!

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #33 on: 31 May 2014, 12:22 am »
So long and you will be greatly missed.  Even though I mainly used MOG to preview whole CDs or albums before buying them, I wish MOG was still around.  I've subscribed to Spotify but since I'm almost 100% a jazz listener, many albums I look for are not available on Spotify.  MOG had a much more complete jazz catalog.

Charles Xavier

« Reply #34 on: 31 May 2014, 01:07 am »
Try qobuz

trackball02

« Reply #36 on: 26 Oct 2014, 03:08 am »
Sorry that MOG just withered away. I was an avid paid subscriber.

I deleted iTunes off my HTPC after the unwelcome U2 album was attached to my account.

http://www.fastcompany.com/3035787/fast-feed/u2-haters-rejoice-new-album-can-be-deleted-from-itunes-with-one-click

I'm an Amazon Prime user, and their Prime Music sounds reasonably good for steaming audio.