SOLD: Bryston BDP-2

bk12

SOLD: Bryston BDP-2
« on: 3 Mar 2015, 05:01 pm »
I am selling my Bryston BDP-2. It is in fair condition, and works perfectly. I am the original owner, and the unit will come with box, power cord. It is the silver version with blue display, 17" width, latest firmware installed.

Hard to find a plug and play Class A rated music server for this type of money in my opinion. The big advantage to the BDP-2 over the other BDP units is that it has the ability for a hard drive with music to be mounted inside (not included here), removing any network connection headaches when you want to set down to listen to some music. Sounds truly extraordinary, but I must let it go due to some system changes.
The unit will come with a copy of the receipt, which will give the new owner a little more than 4 years of factory warranty coverage from Bryston.

There are some marks on the top rear of the unit that have been covered up by being "sharpied". I have discounted the price accordingly. I have highlighted the mark areas in red on the photo. There is also one minuscule mark on the back of the faceplate, also shown in the photos.

Have dropped price due to new marks I put in the top of this.

$SOLD.

« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2015, 12:24 pm by bk12 »

JohnR

Re: FS: Bryston BDP-2
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2015, 07:51 am »
Your ad doesn't make sense, you say no foreign buyers but you will only ship within the United States.

Please correct it. Thanks ;)

bk12

« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2015, 09:43 pm »
Your ad doesn't make sense, you say no foreign buyers but you will only ship within the United States.

Please correct it. Thanks ;)

I have worded it that way because I recently had a foreign buyer want me to go through some US based forwarding shipper scheme on another deal, which would technically be foreign buyer, US shipping. The buyer had falsely represented themselves as a US buyer, and didn't understand my terms very well, so I tried to be very explicit. Longer story, but that is short of it.

pmarun

« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2015, 11:37 pm »
Are you worried about fraud? 

Thanks
Arun

gcos

« Reply #4 on: 4 Mar 2015, 11:50 pm »
I have worded it that way because I recently had a foreign buyer want me to go through some US based forwarding shipper scheme on another deal, which would technically be foreign buyer, US shipping. The buyer had falsely represented themselves as a US buyer, and didn't understand my terms very well, so I tried to be very explicit. Longer story, but that is short of it.
Of course no one can dictate your terms of sale but all the risk is on the foreign buyer's side. We pay without seeing the product and you ship only after you are paid ! Most non-US shoppers use freight forwarders because they consolidate shipments and offer a far lower rate than FedEx et al so it is no scheme it is a plain common sense arrangement with which fortunately 99.99% od US sellers have no problem. The world is your market so join us in the 21st century brother ! Good luck with the sale.

bk12

« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2015, 02:29 pm »
Guys-I don't want to completely divert this, but my only bad experience with PayPal was when someone in Europe attempted to defraud me a few years ago.  I was amazed at the fewer rights I had as a seller to Europe vs. a domestic sale-I am sure there are risks on the buyer side in the foreign transactions as well, but I can tell you it wasn't all roses from the seller's perspective.  It was a major pain, but I persevered and ultimately ended up getting payment in full from the buyer outside of paypal with the help of some forum members in Europe (and the buyer eventually trying to make amends).  Nothing against any of my foreign friends guys (I have many), just not worth the potential hassle to me to sell something elsewhere.

For any of our neighbors looking for a great BDP-2, I sincerely wish you the best of luck!

gcos

« Reply #6 on: 5 Mar 2015, 07:47 pm »
I hear you and do empathise with you on your past experience. I have had some wonderful deals from fellow ac-ers over the years with absolutely no probs and I hopefully would have in the future. Buying from dealers I have had two items arrive DOA and because of the impracticality of returning them to the US (customs, freight cost) I have had to repair them at my cost. So I prefer to deal with fellow audiophiles who pamper their equipment and I have found are very honest in the description of the condition of the items. Just thought I needed to share my concerns and experiences.

bk12

« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2015, 01:30 am »
Open to any reasonable offers...time for this piece to find a new home :)

TJ-Sully

« Reply #8 on: 30 Mar 2015, 04:53 am »
ship to canada?

bk12

« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2015, 11:07 pm »
ship to canada?

I will consider shipping to Canada under the following conditions:
1)  Wire transfer payment
2)  Buyer pays actual shipping and import duties/fees
3)  I will guarantee unit to be packaged well in factory shipping container, labeled correctly and sent via buyer's method of choice...but will not be responsible for shipper of choice getting unit there safely.

If those terms could work, I am good to go for Canadian shipment (after all...you guys made this!).