DCX settings

JerryD6

DCX settings
« on: 22 Jan 2014, 11:55 pm »
I am looking at a modded dcx2496 to replace the stock unit I am using now.

Can I just replicate the current settings on the new unit or did Brian perhaps program some things that are not apparent on the various screens?

Speakers are v60's, biamped bass and mids with tweeters connected through the OXO.

Thanks,
Jerry

mgalusha

Re: DCX settings
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2014, 12:06 am »
I am looking at a modded dcx2496 to replace the stock unit I am using now.

Can I just replicate the current settings on the new unit or did Brian perhaps program some things that are not apparent on the various screens?

Speakers are v60's, biamped bass and mids with tweeters connected through the OXO.

Maybe. I say this as it really depends on the mod to the DCX. I modded one for Brian that used Jan Didden's analog board and the original programming that Brian did would not align with how the channels/frequencies were laid out with Jan's board. I might be able find the email I sent to Brian about it but basically, if using Jan's analog board, channel A (call it left) must use 1/3/6 for LMH and channel B must use 2/4/6 for LMH on the right.

The settings for XO points and EQ should remain the same. I strongly suggest connecting the existing DCX to a computer and exporting the settings to a file, this will allow you to import them into your modded unit without error and you may only need to alter the routing, or not, depends on how it has been modified.

HTH, mike

JerryD6

Re: DCX settings
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2014, 02:58 am »
Thanks for the reply Mike.

The mod is by Jeffrey Jackson and I believe only the output board is modded. So maybe the L/M/H options are the same. If this is the case, then I'll export/import the settings as you suggest. If not, then I will have to do it manually (and carefully!) assuming I can determine the L/M/H config on the new unit.

I appreciate the info, it really helps.

Regards,
Jerry