In wall speakers

clshades

In wall speakers
« on: 3 Feb 2014, 11:40 pm »
Hi there I'm new here. I found your site through Google and decided to sign up so I could ask the pros a few questions as I go along. I am a total newb at this stuff so audio geek speak is gonna go right over my head unless it's in layman's terms. Sorry.

I'm about to have my 2nd child and the 1st one is already eye balling the speakers I have hung on the wall. They came with the receiver I bought a few years ago now. Admittedly they are cheaper than all hell and I plan to slowly replace them. I'm not made of money so I'll only be in the market for either good used stuff or midrange stuff.

I recently purchased the Hti55 JBL center channel as it was in my price range and had a couple decent reviews. I mounted the speaker today and the back side goes into the basement stairwell were I've put all the wiring for the entertainment. The stairwell to the basement is unfinished and I'm wondering If it would be a good idea to close it up?. Even if it's only just the speaker baffle? It would be very easy to box it in and drywall it if required or recommended.

I have the HT r560 Onkyo Reciever. It's an older model but does what I need in my smallish living room.

Thanks for any and all input. :)