hello!

aKnyght

hello!
« on: 17 Apr 2018, 07:04 pm »
hi --

long time audiophile and recently have been in the process of upgrading my system to take advantage of the ever changing world of digital/computer audio. still a vinyl fan but digital is great for music discovery and general listening.

i am a committed SET enthusiast and love to tube roll... as well as cable roll. currently, i am finding cables with tinned-copper conductors are really giving sublime results.

looking forward to being a contributing member of the community.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: hello!
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2018, 10:24 pm »
hi --

long time audiophile and recently have been in the process of upgrading my system to take advantage of the ever changing world of digital/computer audio. still a vinyl fan but digital is great for music discovery and general listening.

i am a committed SET enthusiast and love to tube roll... as well as cable roll. currently, i am finding cables with tinned-copper conductors are really giving sublime results.

looking forward to being a contributing member of the community.
Welcome aboard aKnyght :thumb:
What cables are these?
They are tinned with solder or copper?
They keep flexibe after the tinned process?
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2018, 11:31 pm by FullRangeMan »

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2018, 11:13 pm »
Welcome to AC!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2018, 11:18 pm »
Welcome to AC.

Michael

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2018, 03:07 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC aKnyght   :thumb:   neet !

aKnyght

« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2018, 11:31 am »
Welcome aboard aKnyght :thumb:
What cables are these?
They are tinned with solder or copper?
They keep flexibe after the tinned process?

thanks for the warm welcome!

i am using speaker and interconnect cables from alp-tone audio

they have two series of cables that use conductor wire made of tin-plated copper. each strand of copper has a very thin plating of tin which is applied during manufacturing. this type wire was common back in the early days of hi-fi with Western Electric being the most prominent manufacturer with their ks-13385 audio transmission wire. several years ago, tinned-copper wire became very popular among audiophiles in japan. lead by jeff day, this has now spread to a small but growing community in the US. i am using their alp.wE series cables which have conductor wire manufactured by the new Western Electric to their original specifications and they have provided a huge improvement in the sound of my system.

these cables are quite flexible, more so than others due to the multi-fillament sheath they use.

if interested, there is more info on the alp-tone website and on jeff day's blog: jeff's place.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2018, 06:29 pm by aKnyght »

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2018, 09:24 pm »
Thanks for the detailed report aKnyght :D

JakeJ

« Reply #7 on: 21 Apr 2018, 02:06 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, aKnyght.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #8 on: 21 Apr 2018, 05:25 pm »
Welcome.