High-quality PDFs of VMPS Brochures from late 1980s

Fmaxwell

High-quality PDFs of VMPS Brochures from late 1980s
« on: 14 Jan 2013, 12:18 am »
I have scanned VMPS brochures from the late 1980s and created high-quality B&W PDFs of them (I mention that they are B&W only because VMPS used to distribute them on an off-white, parchment color paper). 

The brochures include:

Mini Tower II a
QSO404 and QSO808
Super Tower IIa/R
Super Tower III
Super Tower/R
Tower II

Note:  I updated the Super Tower/R brochure PDF file to fix substandard quality when viewed in some browsers. 
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2013, 02:27 am by Fmaxwell »

John Casler

Re: High-quality PDFs of VMPS Brochures from late 1980s
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jan 2013, 01:18 am »
Thanks much for the time and trouble to PDF these and post them.  :thumb:

I got your e-mail, but was from a donotreply address.  I suspected the difficulty was a low post count, since you just registered.

Welcome, and thanks again.

DuDro

« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2013, 03:00 am »
WOW!  A great blast from the past...I still have my first set of VMPS speakers in storage awaiting my return.  I bought the Mini Tower IIa speakers years ago and still love them!  :thumb:

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2013, 05:18 am »
Still love Bert Whyte's note about the ST11a/R: "The question is not whether the ST11a/R is ready for the digital age, but rather whether the digital age is ready for the STIIa/R."

Brian, myself, and the owner are among the few people who heard the magnificent Infinity IRS III back to back with STIIa/R.  We delivered the STs to the buyer in Corte Madera, who already had setup the IRS in his dedicated sound room.  We setup the STs in the living room overlooking SF Bay. 

I'm not knocking the IRS, believe me, that was an audio high point.  But I will say that I'm quite sure I could and did hear the woofer's feedback circuit kick in and damp the woofers after the bass transients.  Telarc's Stravinsky Firebird Suite was killer, on DAT!  Onkyo 504 powered the mid/treble array IIRC, mounted downstairs in the basement storage below the sound room.  Owner was Landmark calendar/greeting card CEO, great guy.  He drove the red Ferrari, she drove the Rolls.

Back to back, I might say Brian's bass was more natural, though less power vs. the IRS.  Bass cutoff was a wash.  Dude, that's comparing $60k vs. $2500!    Do the math!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

Thanks for posting!  Good on ya, mate!