HDBaseT Experiences?

John151

HDBaseT Experiences?
« on: 1 Feb 2015, 08:04 pm »
I am considering an HDBaseT set up so that I can have a single DVR drive several TVs. The technology and devices are perfect for my needs, but I am concerned that this may be issues or limitations to this technology.  Does anyone here have experience (good or bad) with HDBaseT that you can share?

youravhandyman

Re: HDBaseT Experiences?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Feb 2015, 01:17 am »
John,

My personal experiencing in using HDbaseT products as a custom integrator is that they work as promised.  Though I would recommend either big name brands in the industry or purchasing through an integrator for selecting the right models.  Also be sure your terminations are rock solid on your Cat 5e/6.  My personal favorite product to use now has 1080P, RS-232 and bi-directional IR along with POC(power over cable) so that you only need to have one end powered.  Great for minimizing connections and space behind a display.  Would be glad to discuss models used and assist in selection but as I have found many times here, if I recommend or am enthusiastic about a brand in a post the trolls come out. 

Matt

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #2 on: 2 Feb 2015, 03:44 pm »
Sorry. Enthusiasm is not allowed.  :nono:

youravhandyman

« Reply #3 on: 3 Feb 2015, 04:29 am »
Really Bob?  You wait THIS long to start telling me the rules?  :rules:

Bob in St. Louis