Help Identifying What Type of crossover this is

wroman214

Help Identifying What Type of crossover this is
« on: 9 Feb 2012, 04:34 am »
  I have been recently looking into a Eaton 2-way kit offered on Madisound which lead me to there website and the designs for a 3-way and this crossover.  I looks similar to their 2-way.  Is this a series crossover? Very interesting!
http://www.etongmbh.de/fileadmin/user_upload/service/bauvorschlaege/cr112.pdf

Walt

Æ

Re: Help Identifying What Type of crossover this is
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2012, 07:44 am »
ETON, not EATON.
No, it's a parallel crossover. Look and see that the woofer, midrange and tweeter are all in parallel. From what I can discern, it's a second order low pass on the woofer, a mixed second and third order band pass on the midrange and a second order high pass with attenuation on the tweeter.

wroman214

Re: Help Identifying What Type of crossover this is
« Reply #2 on: 9 Feb 2012, 02:14 pm »
Thanks AE.  I am thinking of doing the 2-way 8.1 kit from Madisound with an 8 inch and tweeter but the three way seemed interesting.  The cost of parts would be over 5 times as much though.  Lee Taylor Speakers will build a beautiful cabinet for the 8.1 in cherry for $795.00 for the 42" tall towers.   Lee said of all the speakers he has built the 8.1's are the best in displaying soundstage depth and focus.  That usually means very low distortion.  I wish there was more info out about these drivers and builds.