Reissue EL34, Mullard vs. JJ

jusbe

• vivo media
Re: Reissue EL34, Mullard vs. JJ
« Reply #60 on: 15 Nov 2014, 01:16 am »
Sad to hear about all of these Psvane failures, as, like many, I had hopes they would live up to their billing and appearance. I just don't have time for these scams, not the money.

The new Russian Genalex KT77 tubes I have seem to be reliable thusfar, and reports are generally good. I try to but these to sustain their business but that said, I'm also keen to pick up older tubes from time to time from trustworthy sources. Running mine in Mullard 5-20 amps (Beam Echo DL7-35), so I'm keen to avoid damage to them.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #61 on: 15 Nov 2014, 01:20 am »
I tried the GL kt77, they sound good but one crapped out pretty early, par for the course with new tubes these days.

jusbe

• vivo media
« Reply #62 on: 15 Nov 2014, 03:54 am »
Not sure I can say that of all new EL34 types, as I haven't tried them all. So far, these selected, matched and tested tubes seem fine. Sound better! Sorry you didn't have much luck. Hopefully others will, including me.

Captainhemo

« Reply #63 on: 16 Nov 2014, 04:55 pm »
The Canada Fuller EL34G's  I posted about earlier in the thread are still going strong after 8 months now, I put lots of time on these too.   Again, full 1 yr warranty  and they sound wonderful  :thumb:
-jay

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #64 on: 16 Nov 2014, 05:00 pm »
Not sure I can say that of all new EL34 types, as I haven't tried them all. So far, these selected, matched and tested tubes seem fine. Sound better! Sorry you didn't have much luck. Hopefully others will, including me.

It wasn't a super early failure, they lasted about 1 year at an average of 2-3 hours a day so about 1000 hours which is half their expected life. This seems to be about average, if you get 1k hours out of a new power tube you're doing ok.

doctorcilantro

« Reply #65 on: 24 Nov 2014, 07:21 pm »
http://www.amazon.com/Matched-Psvane-UK-EL34-Vacuum-Tubes/dp/B00N9T0WFM

More marketing...
Psvane HIFI Series UK-KT88 、UK-EL34、UK-6SN7 are new-creation, never have the better cost-effective in the history of Psvane. After almost one year time, these HIFI UK Series vacuum tubes were come out by development team of Psvane; The three model tubes are adopt the most UK sound charms of" Mould screen" plate material, and join into the symbolic music and the extremely emotional appeal sound performance of Psvane.this will be most music you hear with the same price of vacuum tubes.