Pandora website...a very interesting musical trip

Thump553

« on: 19 Dec 2005, 09:19 pm »
Maybe other people here already knew about this, but I thought I would share my latest "discovery."  It's a website called Pandora.  You enter the name of a song you like and it creates a virtual radio station for you.  While each song plays you have a chance to vote yeah or nay on each, and add further base selections.  It's a lot of fun, check it out.

http://www.pandora.com/

Skipperrik

Pandora quality?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2006, 10:15 pm »
Just discovered it myself.  I have a SB3 coming so I can only listen with my computer speakers for now.  Has anyone tried Pandora through their main rig?  How's the quality?

Tweaker

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2006, 11:46 pm »
I've been listening for a few weeks. Recieved a free subscription from Slimdevices. Pretty cool. Not great sound quality but I love the ability to create stations. I will record a few hours of a station and then copy to and listen on my MP3 player while at work.

R_burke

« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2006, 02:39 pm »
I have about 8 different stations set up for work.  It's the only site that my companies firewall hasn't blocked.  Plus it's a good way to find similar music

Gordy

« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2006, 02:57 pm »
Pandora... sounds familiar!  I'm probably associating the name with something completely different, but is that the computer program that supposedly decides which songs will make it to the top 40 by evaluating hits from the past?  About a year ago I read that many/most major labels were now relying on such a program to make all their promotion decisions... rather than actually listening and judging for themselves  :?

Skipperrik

« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2006, 03:17 pm »
I don't think that's the motivation behind the development of this.  Pandora is geared toward developing playlists based on your preferences.  Take a look at the site.  http://www.pandora.com