Keller Williams

PhishPhan

Keller Williams
« on: 7 Apr 2006, 03:50 am »
Any Keller fans out there? This guy is great to see live; he's one of my favorite live acts and I've seen quite a few. I've seen him three times so far and each time was better than the last. If you like great guitar work(he's influenced by Michael Hedges), great vocals, and  music that's whimsical and has a sense of humor, you need to check this guy out. There's no one out there doing what he's doing now. GO SEE HIM LIVE WHEN HE COMES TO YOUR LOCAL VENUE.  :o

You will not be disapointed. :mrgreen:

mojoman

Keller Williams
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2006, 05:47 am »
I've got his concert dvd.  He is amazing the way he construct a song right before your eyes.  I've also got several of his live shows I downloaded from archive.org.  My son went to Bonaroo last year and thought Keller Williams was the best act they saw for the entire weekend.  I'm waiting to see him live if he ever comes close to Raleigh.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Keller Williams
« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2006, 05:52 am »
Keller Williams....tour dates >>> http://www.kellerwilliams.net/dates.full.htm

elcaptain88

Keller Williams
« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2006, 02:07 pm »
I agree - I heard the song 'freaker by the speaker' on the radio a few years back & it peaked my interest enough to get on the web and find out the artist and buy the album. Good stuff.

sts9fan

Keller Williams
« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2006, 02:22 pm »
I have seen Keller live close to twenty times I imagine. He has been a fixture of the summer fest curcuit for some time now. I think the first time I saw him was Berkfest 99? with "The Keller Willams Incident". Which is Keller him front of The String Cheese Incident. That line up does not happen too much but I think they will be playing at 10k lakes this year. I think the last time I saw Keller was in Amsterdam over a year ago...too long :cry:

Thump553

Keller Williams
« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2006, 03:28 pm »
He just passed through my area in the last month or so at a small folkie venue.  I really wanted to see him (never have) but family commitments said otherwise.  Now I really regret missing it.  The same thing happened to me again last night-Kris Kristofferson did a solo show nearby which I missed and this morning's paper had a pretty glowing review of it-he did 30 songs, spanning his entire career.

Thanks for the heads up, I will definately catch Keller Willaims the next time around, especially if it's the Incident variety.

PhishPhan

Keller Williams
« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2006, 03:49 pm »
Quote from: sts9fan
I have seen Keller live close to twenty times I imagine. He has been a fixture of the summer fest curcuit for some time now. I think the first time I saw him was Berkfest 99? with "The Keller Willams Incident". Which is Keller if front of The String Cheese Incident. That line up does not happen too much but I think they will be playing at 10k lakes this year. I think the last time I saw Keller was in Amsterdam over a year ago...too long :cry:

Whoa, twenty times! I've never seen Keller play with SCI but I have seen both at the same festival. The first time I saw Keller was during the Acoustic Planet Tour in the summer of 2003 when he toured with Younder Mountain and Bela Fleck and the Flecktones. When he played, Vic Wooten came out to play a little during the Novelty Song; it was a great set.

My favorite Keller CD is Breathe. Keller and SCI complement one another so well, I'd rank it up there with Junta as one of my alltime favs.

I'll be seeing him on April 15th when he comes to Columbus. I love taking people who've never seen or heard him before as they are totally blow away with what he's able to do all by himself and the layered sound he makes.

CornellAlum

Keller Williams
« Reply #7 on: 7 Apr 2006, 04:06 pm »
20 Times...how were the hulla hoops and the noodling treating you :lol:  :mrgreen:

I've probably seen Keller 25 times or so, starting way back when in Richmond, VA.  I was at that berkfest show, though I couldn't really tell you how good it was  :oops:

sts9fan

Keller Williams
« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2006, 05:21 pm »
Ya me either. I do remember the rain though..