Wish You Where Here Experience Edition

*Scotty*

Wish You Where Here Experience Edition
« on: 11 Nov 2011, 03:06 am »
I LIKE IT! This recording really shines. It images very similarly to my vinyl reference. The dynamic qualities of the recording are well preserved by this latest re-master. Transients are very similar to the vinyl version.
 A further word on dynamic life. So far all of the 2011 Pink Floyd re-masters I have purchased have had exceptional dynamic and transient content. These latest transfers sound wonderfully alive with the macro and micro dynamics fully present. Many times the first casualty of a transfer from analogue to digital is dynamic life closely followed by the sound-stage's three dimensionality.
 I am in the middle of Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9) as I write this and I find myself getting lost in soundscape created by the performance to the extent that it hard to compose my next sentence.
 DISC TWO is worth the price of admission alone. Just like the second disc of the DSOTM Experience Edition, recordings of the 1974 performance at Wembley are presented here.
The clarity is superb and size of the space where the recording was made was captured intact.
The second disc just sounds amazing and the performance is more unconstrained and free flowing when compared to the studio recording. Glimors guitar work is captivating and the band is just plain electrifying during this concert.
 I wish I had heard these guys in concert back then but I always lived in the middle of nowhere when this band was at its peak.
Scotty

pjchappy

Re: Wish You Where Here Experience Edition
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2011, 04:09 am »
For anyone interested, here is a recent interview of David Gilmour re WYWH:  Gilmour interview.

To get a taste, here is an alternate version of the song WYWH, which is available on the Immersion edition (and possibly the Experience edition?):  Alternate WYWH version

Paul

vinyl_lady

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2011, 03:59 am »
I bought the vinyl. It is a terrific pressing. Great dynamics, clarity & detail. A much fuller musical presentation than the the original pressing. The quality of the vinyl is A-1--no surface noise. EMI did a great job with this one.

Scotty's post is going to cost me because I want the live recordings from Wembley. They made the DSOTM Experience edition worth the purchase.

*Scotty*

« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2011, 04:40 am »
Laura, are you referring to the latest vinyl version of Wish Were Here? No surface noise issues I take it?
Scotty

vinyl_lady

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2011, 04:55 am »
Laura, are you referring to the latest vinyl version of Wish Were Here? No surface noise issues I take it?
Scotty

Yes, the new remasterd 180g vinyl. The quality of the pressing is exceptional. No surface noise on my copy. I cleaned it on my Loricraft PRC 4 before playing.

*Scotty*

« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2011, 05:00 am »
I think I just found my Xmas present to self.
Scotty

Mike Nomad

« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2011, 07:22 am »
+1 on how good the second discs from DSOTM & WYWH Immersion Editions are. I haven't looked at the setlist for The Brighton '72 show, but from what I remember, the bit from Wembley '74 gig is about half the show, maybe a little more.

Perhaps The Floyd will take a cue from The Grateful Dead (or the Stones), and open up the vaults. It doesn't take someone with an economics degree (er, well) to figure out there is money to be made.