Sunday listening sessions

jedi35

Re: Sunday listening sessions
« Reply #20 on: 1 Oct 2014, 06:11 pm »
I enjoyed hanging out on Sunday, Dave!! Nice to try and get back in the game a little bit. It's been too long.

Adrian

daves

« Reply #21 on: 5 Oct 2014, 09:08 pm »
Thanks Adrian, it was fun having you all over.  8)

Scott and I have been puzzling over two compression drivers, so today I ponied up and hit Home Depot to get a metric hex head set. This is what I discovered after pulling a couple support spindles, to free up the foil label.

It looks like it is a GOTO prototype unit, 260 Hz,  made in 2008, 1.5 inch compression driver. What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: 5 Oct 2014, 10:49 pm by daves »

daves

« Reply #22 on: 8 Oct 2014, 12:51 am »
We have a huge and rare opportunity this coming Sunday. I have had a couple inquiries about the RCA speakers, so I took them out and tested them tonight....and they sound absolutely superb. If there is interest, we can run them Sunday on either the Canary 300Bs, or the Allen 807s.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
« Reply #23 on: 25 Oct 2014, 04:32 am »
Holy Moley, what beautiful stuff.  Where did you find this stuff ?  Aladdin's lamp ?

Hey, since it's getting cooler out, I'm thinking of hosting a soirée' at my hooch, if anyone is interested.  Not much new except an Oppo 105D and a NOS HMV Gramophone Model 3, circa 1906.  It won't play vinyl, but it sounds great with 78's and it don't need no stinking electricicals- just elbow grease.  If there is an Ebola apocalypse and the power goes out, at least I can play Caruso and Toscanini !!

Let me know what weekend works for youse guys !!