The new Casa de Vapor

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
Re: The new Casa de Vapor
« Reply #40 on: 21 May 2016, 06:10 pm »
Well.... I'm probably totally out of line chiming in here, as it's not my place, but....
My son works for Ryan and is helping him best he can. I will say that Ryan is not playing around, he's truly working his tail off. I drive by "The Vapor Casa" twice a day, every day, as I leave my subdivision going to and from work. If I didn't know better, I would assume the workshop didn't have a door as it's always open, and there's always activity. Sometimes there's even a big box truck dropping and picking up. And I'm talking about 6:15am. My son doesn't go over until about 5:00pm. About the time most people "clock out".
But no.... That's when Ryan musters up his second wind for another few hours while my son is there.

So while Ryan isn't a machine pumping out product at the pace of a Chinese factory, he's not screwing around either.

I took the liberty of posting here, not because I have any relationship or vested interest with Ryan or Vapor (other than friendship), but I do have a unique "inside" perspective of my son and my geographic location. Ryan has never said anything in my presence other than being worn out and wishing there were more hours in the day.

I hope I didn't overstep my bounds posting this. Ryan, my apologies if I did.
Bob

Thanks Bob, I appreciate your unique perspective and willingness to share it with us. I'm really glad to hear Ryan is busy in the shop.

I personally have finally run out of patience and would like an update from the man himself on the status of my build and a timeline for completion.

Todd

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #41 on: 21 May 2016, 06:16 pm »
You're welcome.  :thumb:

mtruong34

« Reply #42 on: 21 May 2016, 06:46 pm »
Hi everyone. Thanks for chiming in with your advice. I'm one of Ryan's early adopters with a nice pair of Cirrus black. Ryan reached out to me a while back about fixing a baffle that left the factory with a gouge and possible upgrades to my speakers. Well I finally am considering taking him up on this work. I work overseas in a remote part of Africa and so it's not convenient to try to chase someone down, and Ryan knows this. Despite being completely satisfied with my speaker's performance, the build process was EXTREMELY rocky. In this day and age, I would think it's not hard to respond to an email, unless you're truly "out of commission". My original post was not meant to stir the pot but truly curious if Ryan was sick, in the hospital, took a year off to become a missionary, etc. Ryan if you are reading this, I'm really interested in sending in my speakers for an update. But if you are too busy, then nevermind (and I don't mean that in a snide way).

pdj

« Reply #43 on: 21 May 2016, 06:59 pm »
Please stand down all.  Just got tragic news from Pete that I don't feel comfortable sharing.  Perhaps Pete will.

FWIW, I have an outstanding Vapor speaker order.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #44 on: 21 May 2016, 07:17 pm »
Best wishes for Ryan, I hope he is ok!

Having met him and shown with him at the last RMAF I can say he (and his team) are extremely dedicated and talented, and will do everything they can to make their customers happy.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #45 on: 21 May 2016, 07:57 pm »
I don't have all the details yet, but they're immaterial.

Ryan informed me today that the Jefferson country Sheriff knocked on his door this morning to inform him that his wife, Heather, was killed in a hotel fire last night.

She was with her brother to see a concert out of town when the tragic event took place.

Please keep Ryan and his family in your thoughts.  This is obviously a lot to deal with.

I'll post more information as it comes to me.

Folsom

« Reply #46 on: 21 May 2016, 08:07 pm »
That's unimaginable bad news. I'm truly sorry to hear that.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #47 on: 21 May 2016, 08:11 pm »
Lord have mercy on the Scott family. I can't even begin to imagine...

Ryan you are definitely in our thoughts.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #48 on: 21 May 2016, 08:15 pm »
Oh Lord... Prayers with Ryan and family.

Scott F.

« Reply #49 on: 21 May 2016, 08:18 pm »
Oh dear Lord. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Ryan, you and your family are in our prayers.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #50 on: 21 May 2016, 08:19 pm »
I'm so sorry to learn of this.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #51 on: 21 May 2016, 08:34 pm »
I went by the house. All the doors and windows were wide open on the house and shop, but nobody was home.
I locked up behind me.
Pete, check your PM.

Folsom

« Reply #52 on: 21 May 2016, 08:54 pm »
Thanks Bob. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes they could do something, anything, in the face of this tragedy, so thank you Bob for acting since you have the ability.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #53 on: 21 May 2016, 09:15 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear this,  words can't do justice...Hang in there Ryan, I'm wishing you and your family the best in these incredible tragic circumstances.

TomS

« Reply #54 on: 21 May 2016, 09:19 pm »
Can't even comprehend this kind of loss and so sorry to hear of it.

Ryan, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #55 on: 21 May 2016, 09:40 pm »
unimaginable... My prayers are with you and yours Ryan.

RDavidson

« Reply #56 on: 21 May 2016, 10:01 pm »
What awful news. I'm so sorry for your loss, Ryan. :(

stlrman

« Reply #57 on: 21 May 2016, 10:06 pm »
Horrid news!! Very sorry for your loss Ryan !

bajaed

« Reply #58 on: 21 May 2016, 10:28 pm »
At a loss for words. I had the pleasure of meeting  Heather a couple of years ago, she was a sweet and very kind person. My prayers go out to Ryan and his family.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #59 on: 21 May 2016, 11:17 pm »
I posted a thread in the St. Louis section.
It just seems odd to continue talking about this in a thread about a building that's being erected.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=143183.msg1528480#new