Axpona 2015

Factorz

Axpona 2015
« on: 14 Feb 2015, 06:20 pm »
Just got the email today with the exhibitors list and see Vapor listed in the lobby level. Ryan can you share what your bringing to the show?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Axpona 2015
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2015, 06:47 pm »
Just got the email today with the exhibitors list and see Vapor listed in the lobby level. Ryan can you share what your bringing to the show?

The plan is debut the same thing Boston is experiencing this weekend, the Perfect Storm!

For sure partners are LampizatOr, Antipodes, and Verastarr.  We're still working to finalize an amplifier partner.

dex67

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm »
Ryan,

I borrowed a Wells Audio Inamorata from a friend of mine, and the Nimbus Black sound absolutely spectacular!!! I'm selling my Emerald Physics mono blocks to get a Wells Audio piece. That amp might be something you should consider for Axpona...:)

Adrian

Gopher

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2015, 10:48 pm »
It would be a hell of a match up if Jeff Wells is up for it.  Vapor + Lampi is special and Wells + Lampi is special...   I can't imagine the trifecta not being excellent.

Not to mention Verrastar and Antipodes are top notch!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2015, 12:31 am »
Ryan,

I borrowed a Wells Audio Inamorata from a friend of mine, and the Nimbus Black sound absolutely spectacular!!! I'm selling my Emerald Physics mono blocks to get a Wells Audio piece. That amp might be something you should consider for Axpona...:)

Adrian

Don't you remember Adrian, before we even shipped you the Nimbus, me telling you what a nice match the Wells amp would be?  I probably know who your friend is and understand if you prefer to give them your business, but I can help you out as well if you want to buy a Wells. 

Factorz

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2015, 02:32 pm »
Ryan,
Less then a week away. I know you have been dropping some hints of what's to come and I saw on the Axpona page you are doing a giveaway. Any other fun things to share? Hope to be down there on Sunday.

Factorz

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2016, 07:39 pm »
Just got the email for 2016 show and did not see Vapor listed. Ryan are you skipping this year or did I just miss it? Thanks and hope your feeling better.

Gopher

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2016, 11:05 pm »
It was our turn (LampizatOr) to pick up the room this year, but Vapor will be there in full force with a similar manufacture line up to last year.   I believe it was room 454 I reserved (will edit later if necessary).   

As always, this will be a killer room.

Folsom

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2016, 12:01 am »
It was our turn (LampizatOr) to pick up the room this year, but Vapor will be there in full force with a similar manufacture line up to last year.   I believe it was room 454 I reserved (will edit later if necessary).   

As always, this will be a killer room.

OH really! Well maybe I'll try to get a sit in on their stuff.

Factorz

« Reply #9 on: 3 Apr 2016, 04:16 pm »
The show is only a few weeks away. Hoping to be down there Friday or Sunday. Ryan can you give us some insight into what your bringing?

Folsom

« Reply #10 on: 6 Apr 2016, 11:07 pm »
What will be in room 322?

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #11 on: 6 Apr 2016, 11:36 pm »
What will be in room 322?

So far I've seen references to a Golden Gate DAC, Verastarr cables, a Lampi Komputer, Essence amps from Audio Bunker, and of course Vapor speakers.

Perfect Storm? Perfect Nimbus? Uber Aurora's? Only the Shadow knows...come on Ryan, inquiring minds want to know!

TitaniumTroy

« Reply #12 on: 8 Apr 2016, 07:26 pm »
I too would like to know what speakers Vapor will have on hand. As I put them on my VIP pass list room  :thumb:

Folsom

« Reply #13 on: 8 Apr 2016, 07:57 pm »
I too would like to know what speakers Vapor will have on hand. As I put them on my VIP pass list room  :thumb:

Me too, and I've got a special question or two for Ryan about that. Might have to give him a ring later.

Factorz

« Reply #14 on: 12 Apr 2016, 09:32 pm »
Come on Ryan give us something  :D. I will be visiting your room on Sunday.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #15 on: 13 Apr 2016, 01:30 am »
Sorry for no updates, I'm just burning the candle at both ends. 

So for the first time ever, we'll have an assortment of speakers available for sale at a show.  All fantastic stuff that needs new homes, so no complaints about the wait time!  And remember if you're there and interested, money talks. 

We'll have a pair of Derecho with nice finish and performance upgrades.  Honestly I wish I could keep these for myself, they're just fantastic speakers to live with. 

Then there's a pair of Cirrus Black with stands in a gorgeous Pelin Burl/Metallic Pewter paint combo. 

And finally the all new Arcus with a much upgraded cabinet, front slot port now, and matching stands. 

I can run credit cards at the show too ;)

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #16 on: 13 Apr 2016, 12:46 pm »
Hey Ryan,

What mid-range tweaks did you make to the Derecho? How about an updated picture with the new finish?

Todd

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #17 on: 13 Apr 2016, 06:05 pm »
Here's a couple shots.  The Arcus pic I just took, as we're loading into the van.  This Arcus redesign is maybe the baddest monitor ever created by man!  This pair is super sexy too, the black cherry baffle paint is killer in person. 

The Derecho have the same midrange, but with the sliced cone process applied that totally transforms and greatly refines the presentation.  It was a DIY'er, Josh Bruner, who created and perfected the process.  When we got our hands on a pair, we decided to make them the standard midrange.  It's a small improvement on paper that results in a large improvement in the real world.  This pair has Jensen copper/foil caps, Silver/Gold Amorphous core tweeters, Silver/Gold wire on the tweeter, and the finish upgrades (gloss 2-stage metallic brown baffles). 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #18 on: 14 Apr 2016, 02:34 am »
The van is loaded, see everybody soon!

Gopher

« Reply #19 on: 14 Apr 2016, 03:47 am »
Wow dude.  Those derechos look sick.  Can't wait to see/hear them tomorrow!