i82/i34 in Boston area?

senad

i82/i34 in Boston area?
« on: 20 Oct 2009, 09:15 pm »
I bought a pair of Totem Sttaf speakers just recently and time after time I keep hearing very positive things and recommendations about Vista Audio i84 driving Totem Sttaf.

I also have Peachtree Audio Nova on the way, an amazingly flexible little box (http://signalpathint.com/index.php/Nova/Introducing-Nova.html) with very solid pre-amp and outstanding DAC but an average MOSFET power amp that is not a good match for Totem to start with. I am hoping to use DAC/preamp section on Nova and buy one of Vista amplifiers to replace the power amp section. I did not have an opportunity to listen to either of Vista tube amps but considering Boris is a countryman of mine I have no doubts whatsoever that both models are absolutely superb.  ;)

Does any member from Boston area own either amplifier? Any chance I could borrow it for a few hours or come by to check it out? You are of course more than welcome to do the same with Nova if you are considering a DAC or just for fun.

Audiovista

Re: i82/i34 in Boston area?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2009, 12:40 am »
Zdravo Senade,

Welcome to Vista Audio circle. Let's see if this bump yields any results....

Best,
Boris

senad

« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2009, 07:38 pm »
Apparently Vista Audio doesn't have that many followers in New England.  :(

I decided to take a different tack and this morning I became a proud owner of second-hand i34. :D
I?ll make sure to post some impression once it arrives.

Thanks everybody.

P.S.
Borise, hvala na pomoci. Bio sam cicija i kupio polovno ali cu rado namiriti 'stetu' u obliznjoj kafani ako ispadne prilika.  ;)

toobluvr

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2009, 08:01 pm »
I assume you got the one that just appeared on AG today for 500 clams?

Congrats!   Really good price for that amp.
If it doesn't work for ya, you can turn it over quickly for no loss...probably even a profit.

:thumb:
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2009, 09:38 pm by toobluvr »

senad

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2009, 09:14 pm »
Yes, that was me. :D I jumped on it as soon as I saw it, I just couldn't pass on the opportunity.

I was thinking along the same lines... I can definitely turn it around without losing money if it doesn't work out and I still get to have fun! Although, I have a feeling this one is a keeper. I guess I just got myself an early Christmas gift - I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!  :)