Song3-A's in dark green quilted maple

Everett

Re: Song3-A's in dark green quilted maple
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2019, 07:40 am »
Everett here chiming in. I know this is normally where you hear the new owner saying how much more beautiful they are than the pictures show, and how great they sound, but as Jim noted, I’m not going to see or hear these for a while.
I did want, however, to just reiterate things many others have said about how enjoyable the process has been, while telling a little story about how I ended up picking these speakers. I’ll start by mentioning how I first heard about Salk Sound. Several years ago, when I was looking for my first new speakers in ages, I was looking through a lot of the “usual suspect” websites for reviews of affordable speakers, and one of the reviews, when talking about a pair of inexpensive speakers, said something like “while they aren’t on par with Salk or (maybe) Thiel, these are quite attractive speakers”. Of course, I had to look at what they considered attractive, and that is when I first heard of Salk. The Salk website then was a very different thing, but the speakers were undeniably gorgeous, but more interesting was the links to reviews, especially of the SongTower. At that point they were well above my target price, but they made an impression. A lot has happened since then, including two floods, but the Salks always stuck in my mind.
It’s late and I’m tired, but I’ll come back later to talk about how I decided on these particular speakers and the buying process as a whole.