And now a word from Jim....Absolute Sound September 2014 Back Page article

Big Red Machine

Check it out!  Some more recognition for a great guy leading a great company. :bowdown:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/jim-salk-founder-of-salk-signature-sound/

« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2014, 08:21 pm by Big Red Machine »

Paul K.

My September issue hasn't arrived yet, but will be here in a day or two I expect.
Paul

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Congratulations Jim on the excellent interview.

I had missed it on my first skim through this issue, didn't get past our review in there. :)

Frank

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Congratulations Jim on the excellent interview.

I had missed it on my first skim through this issue, didn't get past our review in there. :)

Frank

I'll bite--what review was that?

OgOgilby

Congrats Jim! Looking forward to reading the interview.

-Greg

Meicheng

Can one make a PDF or attach a link without running afoul of the publisher?  Would love to read it. 

SCompRacer

Can one make a PDF or attach a link without running afoul of the publisher?  Would love to read it.

I'm thinking we'd need their permission to do so. Be nice to have it shown here.

That is a great picture of Jim in that article!

DEP14

Very cool, looking forward to reading it.

Big Red Machine

Kinda weird that I got my copy so fast in the mail.  I knew via Jim it was coming so was pretty excited it showed up yesterday.

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
I get Absolute Sound too
they practically give it away

I really enjoy their 'less biased" insight

They have raved about Frank's amp the last several years

Bravo Jim

Paul K.

Really nice interview, Jim.
Paul

Mudslide

Fine interview, Jim.  I'm SO glad you're getting your much deserved recognition. 

By the way, the all-black look..."Ooh la la" says my wife.   :lol:

JonnyFive

Tomy2Tone

Great lighting in that pic. I like how the Soundscapes stand out in the background, almost taking the focus of your attention and then oh yeah there's Jim!

Nicely done!

Ern Dog

Love it!

Nice job Jim!

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Who knew Jim cleaned up so well! :)

Yeah--I think I know why the Absolute Sound never interviewed me.   Well, one of the reasons. 

jsalk

Great lighting in that pic. I like how the Soundscapes stand out in the background, almost taking the focus of your attention and then oh yeah there's Jim!

As it should be.  It's all about the speakers.

- Jim

Big Red Machine

I ordered up some custom crushed velvet mats before my trip to China last week.  Today the wife and I went out to Hobby Lobby and found some nice frames:

jsalk

Big Red -

Wow. The thought of framing those never entered my mind. 

I was more than a little surprised when they asked if I would be willing to do an interview.  Quite an honor, actually.  Being the former low-key Minnesotan I am, I never thought about displaying them. Thanks Pete and Brenda!  Maybe I need to do that myself (if I could ever find the time to do it). 

- Jim