Leveling Technics 1200mk2

Vinyldude63

Leveling Technics 1200mk2
« on: 17 Feb 2018, 01:00 pm »
Was considering replacing stock feet on my 1200 with Tenderfoot, but then leveling tt becomes a chore. Is it not a good idea to just put soft fat dots under stock feet to reduce vibration?
Frank

JakeJ

Re: Leveling Technics 1200mk2
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2018, 02:40 pm »
Hello and welcome to AC, Vinyldude63.  Fat dots are very firm and Tenderfeet are soft.  Why not put a set Tenderfeet under the stock feet if they are the leveling device?  Sorry not familiar with the 1200.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2018, 03:13 pm »
Welcome!

bacobits1

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2018, 04:43 pm »
Welcome!
Logically............The Technincs is an unsuspended table. Tender feet are too tall to use with the existing feet, unless you remove the originals. Besides in my view is I don't like the table to be jiggly. Use the existing feet and place the whole thing on a board then use the Tender feet or whatever under that.
Better isolation from the main shelf it is on. You can also but the fancy feet KAB sells to replace the originals. I like the board better

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2018, 06:17 pm »
Welcome aboard Frank :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2018, 03:02 am »
Welcome!
Logically............The Technincs is an unsuspended table. Tender feet are too tall to use with the existing feet, unless you remove the originals. Besides in my view is I don't like the table to be jiggly. Use the existing feet and place the whole thing on a board then use the Tender feet or whatever under that.
Better isolation from the main shelf it is on. You can also but the fancy feet KAB sells to replace the originals. I like the board better

+1!  This is excellent advice and likely the best overall isolation solution.  Hats off to bacobits1!  Plus it's DIY-able.

Vinyldude63

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2018, 04:22 pm »
Thank you for all the input. It looks like my best solution is to wall mount a shelf. I never thought my wife would go for it, but miracles occasionally happen. I have a suspended wood floor and the needle jumps if someone walks too hard. I may still use something from Herbies, depending on the results I get from the shelf.