Just Curious...

ajzepp

Re: Just Curious...
« Reply #20 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:46 pm »
Hey guys...thanks again for all the great feedback...read every response and really enjoy hearing all the takes.

Im off work today, and right now it's 8:45am...I'm sitting on my couch, no tv, laptop fired up, listening to some music playlists on my Deezer app (via Sonos)...taking deep breaths and not worrying about any stress...just enjoying the morning  :thumb:

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #21 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:52 pm »
"I'm off work today,"
Enjoy your time off!

ajzepp

« Reply #22 on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:55 pm »
"I'm off work today,"
Enjoy your time off!

:thumb:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #23 on: 9 Feb 2017, 02:08 pm »
When listening to the main system I always get lost in the music and I'm never doing anything else except being immersed in the experience.  All of my non audiophile friends and family have to be doing something else when the music is on, they can hardly wait for the song to be over so they can get out of "the chair".  I thought it was a mark of an audiophile to sit and listen to the music and nothing else.  Based on this thread not so much I guess.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #24 on: 9 Feb 2017, 02:24 pm »
I'm also one of those that sit in the sweet spot and listen, usually with my eyes closed.  I also play vinyl 95% of the time, which requires a more dedicated listening session. 

ajzepp

« Reply #25 on: 13 Feb 2017, 10:02 am »
When listening to the main system I always get lost in the music and I'm never doing anything else except being immersed in the experience.  All of my non audiophile friends and family have to be doing something else when the music is on, they can hardly wait for the song to be over so they can get out of "the chair".  I thought it was a mark of an audiophile to sit and listen to the music and nothing else.  Based on this thread not so much I guess.

Yep, that's why I was so curious to ask this question...pretty fascinating to hear all the different responses. I know what you mean about non-audiophiles...if I ever have the lady friend sit and listen to do a sound check (I like using untrained ears to get another perspective when I make changes) with me, it's like pulling teeth to get more than 60 seconds of focus out of her lol.

ajzepp

« Reply #26 on: 13 Feb 2017, 10:04 am »
I'm also one of those that sit in the sweet spot and listen, usually with my eyes closed.  I also play vinyl 95% of the time, which requires a more dedicated listening session.

I've toyed with the idea of adding vinyl to my rig on about ten different occasions...I think Id be more likely to sit for an extended period of time if I did. That's pretty amazing that such a high percentage of your listening is vinyl...you must have a great collection  :thumb: